Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

So I'm still trying to figure out what we as customers are supposed to do with this product. I'm on my second pair and after about a week and a half it has developed the same issue with dropping, static, muting the audio (mic still worked), etc. This makes it unusable for me to use as a headset for conferences and phone calls. Which in addition to planes and trains is must have functionality for me.

What are the recommendations? Return? Replace? Beta Software? As far as I can tell, the product is not suitable for purpose at this point and shouldn't have been released to market. A wireless set of headphones that cannot reliably stay connected to standard audio sources like phones and computers ... what are the options?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

I also wanted to add that Firmware 1.0.9 was far better with staying connected than in 1.1.4. 

1.0.9 was a once or twice a day static/disconnect. 1.1.4 would be several disconnects and failures over an hour period.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2016

I can't believe that Bose released these to the market. So disappointed!! Won't connect to my iPhone. Will connect to my Pixel 3 but not stable. Totally unstable on my Windows 10 Dell XPS 13. What an absolute joke. Returning tomorrow to the Bose store in Toronto. I loved how the lady at customer support said I'm the first person she's talked to who's ever had an issue like this with the NC 700. LOL!! Check out the reviews on the Apple Store for the Bose Music App! It's all people with this same issue 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Agreed.  Very disappointing experience and disappointing customer service.  I can't get these to hold a stable connection to my 2018 Macbook Pro and customer service wants me to send my headphones back and wait 7-10 days for a replacement pair.  They're brand new! 

I'm heading to Best Buy and hope they'll grant me an exchange.  Extremely disappointed in Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 constant bluetooth drop when connected to MAC and Iphone

Hi,

I recently bought the NC 700 and have been a Bose fan since the start. I am using the headphones while travelling and also at home to do concalls connecting to both my Macbook and Iphone. Regularly the bluetooth connection drops and I am getting static metalic jiberish noise in the headphone. When shutting it down the voice goes thru my Macbook and is totally fine. Restarting the headphones it works for a bit and then disconnects again.. headphones is on but no noise coming thru....

Is this a conflict issue betww]een the 2 bluetooth connections ? I checked and it has the latest firmare....

Any help welcome.

Cheers

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

I am having a similar problem.  I have the headphones connected to my laptop and my iPad.  When I am talking on call from either teams on my computer or a cell call from my iPad the other device will say it disconnected and reconnected.  This is not good as it does not allow me to hear what people are saying with the Android voice tells me she has disconencted or reconnected (side note get a better talking auto voice).  I agree that there is some sort of software issue as I have done the hard reset and the problem persists.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Similar problem -- my audio drops frequently when listening to music on my iphone. It seems though that if I disconnect my mac's bluetooth connection when this happening the dropping stops. So I suspect the issue has to do with the devices competing for being the dominant connection. No idea why since it's not at a time that there should be any audio coming from my mac.

Separately, I'm having major ear ache issues with these things. This is probably not the thread to get into this, but I am wondering if research has been done into whether NC headphones can cause hearing damage.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Most everyone here has done that as have I.  As an experienced systems and software engineer I can tell you the issue is YOUR DRIVER STACK & APPLICATION!!!!!.  This has NOTHING to do with Bluetooth connectivity and everything to do with how your application interrupts the audio driver and basically makes it reconnect to the device.  This causes applications using your headset to crash.  I know this because even when connecting via the cable to multiple computers the SAME issue occurs....

When you pay over $400.00 for a headset because you want the best, and all you get is a response like the one I am replying to, then you have lost your community and have lost the respect of people like me.

I would also add that being turned away from live support for this issue tells me that you know about it and hand are actively trying to thwart the load it would cause on your support people.

I think everyone here deserves the ability to know whats going on or get a full refund no questions asked.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I am going to add my voice to the long list of others here.  I have had these Bose NC 700 for 3 weeks.  When I am connected to my Galaxy Note 9 and my Dell computer, in the middle of a phone call on my computer, it will tell me that the Galaxy Note 9 has disconnected, then a few seconds later it will tell me that my Galaxy Note 9 has reconnected.  The voice talks over my phone call on my computer connection and I miss a couple of sentences that the other person is saying.

I bought Bose because I have had success with Bose in the past.  I have had good products that were dependable, though expensive.  This product is Bose top-of-the-line product, it is crazy expensive, and I am beginning to think that it is crap. I trusted Bose for more than this when I bought your $400 headphones!

Your fix does not work and others have reported getting replacement headphones, only to have the same problem.  Where is the fix for this problem?  I guess I should have kept my box so I could get my money back at Best Buy.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I'll be interested to hear if Bose Support still saying.. we have not have any reports of anyone else with this issue?

If any Bose Support managers are watching, you need to **bleep** this in the bud.

We are all adults, show some transparency.

Most of us are on your side, I could have returned my headphones and got my money back.

I don't want to do that. I just want the firmware to be fixed, and for them to work properly and reliably. When they do work they are fantastic.

Cheers,

Tim