Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Hello everyone,

Possible solution:

what worked for me:

I have Huawei P30 Pro mobile phone but I don't think it is relevant.

Headphones worked fine.

The restarting seems to occur after installing Bose Connect app (obviously from Google play store) and adding the headset to the app. And after paring the headphones and powering headhpones off / on. I fugred two solutions:

First one is to after each consecutive powering on the headhones - unpair it and pair again.

Or to uninstall the Bose connect app + do make sure you deleted the app's data from your device:

Uninstalling the Bose Connect app did not help. Go to Application settings on your phone (device), delete data. Unsinstall.

If you uninstalled the app prior to deleting the app data the headphones will still restart. No worries, what worked for me is that I installed the app again, deleted the data, uninstalled again. 

Knocking the wood,. restarting seemed to be solved and I can happily listen again. If was not an IT professional for last two decades or so, not sure I'd figure it out.

Per advice in one of the first posts I checked within Bose Updater that I am on latest firmware and indeed I am.

Can someone confirm it? Do not hesitate to contact me if you'd need help in this thread, by PM here. 

OK, happy listening! It should not be something that's not possible to correcty in the future by fimrware udpate. After few days I can say the sound is amazing, the build quality seems to be quite OK, the touch operation is amazing... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Dear Community,

I've had been having a similar experience whereby when I'm on a conference call (zoom or skype) I would abruptly loose connection and my audience would be left thinking that my call connection dropped. This is terribly embarrassing especially when dealing with important clients and critical business calls. My headset is just one month old. Furthermore, to log onto this forum and see the huge amount of affected customers is disheartening. My headset was bought in Florida directly from the Bose store.

I am uncertain as to how to proceed at this point, but the only resolution seems to contact customer service and initiate a return. 

I hope that others have a more stress free resolution.

Cheers

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

The people at Zoom got back with me and this is what they've stated.

The engineers have found that there is no audio read data from the driver thread, meaning that audio cannot be captured on the device. 

As you can see this does appear to be a poorly written driver stack or very badly functioning Bluetooth stack.  Not exactly sure which as I don't have access to the code, but I think Bose needs to pay someone to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

We need someone from BOSE to pay attention to this Bluetooth driver issue.

It is really embarrassing every time I'm into a Skype conference call and it's keep disconnecting !!

BOSE !! Where are you guys?!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Well actually I found that the headset keeps restarting if you disable phone calls from over the headset on your phone. I prefer make calls via the phone. Oh well....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

I completely agree. I have been a huge Bose fan, don't want my money back, love the hardware of these headphones - just badly want them to be functional. Note: functional. The way we are being treated is almost worse than the problem itself. Tell us what's wrong, tell us when you're going to fix it. Let us be your loyal customers.

Many of us are about to turn our back on you forever. I rarely come back to a brand after giving up on it. Your behavior has finally dropped to a Denon / Harman Kardon level, and they were off my list years ago - and I will never go back. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Same issue here. Newest firmware installed through the Bose app. I won't get started with my frustration with staying connected to the Bose app right now. I often have this issue while connected to Webex Meetings where the audio announcement will say "iPhone Disconnected" and then "iPhone connected". When this happens I cannot hear my meeting and they cannot hear me. The only way around this is to turn off my bluetooth on my iPhone. I have Jabra 65ts and an older pair of Plantronics Backbeat Pros. This happens on neither of these so I do not believe it is an issue with Webex or my PC. It happens 100% of the time with the Bose 700 NC. Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Same issue here. Newest firmware installed through the Bose app. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I have the same issue.

While I'm in a teleconference on my Win 10 laptop using Teams/Slack/Skype for B (HP Elitebook 840 G5) I get frequent disconnects/connects to my Iphone 8. Should be on latest versions of all three hw's. Drives me nuts and makes me hesitant to keep the headphones. The whole point of me using the 700's is for the possibilities to be connected to phone/pc at the same time.

Edit: and as a lot of earlier posters already mention, this is embarrassing in meetings with clients and customers. Actually, and I'm not kidding here, my new headphones has become something of a running joke in my reoccurring meetings. We're getting close to a point where it's not fun anymore - this *needs* an urgent fix!  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Just updated to 1.3.1 and 2 seconds into a Slack teleconference i got the "Disconnected from David's Iphone" and back again. Happened once more within the same minute so I had to switch off the BT on my phone to continue my teleconference.

Get your act together, Bose!!!