Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

After experiencing the disconneting issue, Bose replaced my headset and all was good for about a week or 2.

Then after a while the disconnecting and reconnecting started again.  Worse still the headset just started turning itself off in the middle of calls.  I tried to reset the headset with the instructions provided and the headset was then bricked.  No matter what I did it wouldn't work at all.

Long story short, Bose are now sending me out my 2nd replacement.  They told me they would only give my money back if the 2nd replacement fails.

I don't really want my money back as I really like the headset.  I would prefer it to work and I am not sure what I would replace it with.

Anyway I will update the post once the third headset arrives.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Yes. I have the same issue.

I usually connect My mobile and Laptop at the same time.

When I am on the Conference call on Laptop, any notification on laptop or mobile (mail, text etc..) on my mobile makes 4 to 5 seconds interruption to the conference call that makes the headphone unusable.

Naren

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

So, Bose - now that we're on 1.3.1 and people, myself included, are still having this issue: How about some kind of acknowledgement on what's going on?

My only option right now is to turn BT off on my phone while in conference calls on my laptop. I'm on conference calls for about 2-4 hours a day and this is not an acceptable workaround. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I have now updated to 1.3.1 and still have this issue. Just as bad as ever. I have noticed this ONLY happens when the headphones are not connected to the Bose Music app, which is basically all of the time because connecting to the app is also still terrible. There are two Bluetooth connections to the iPhone and I have noticed that one stays connected while the other disconnects and reconnects constantly. If I do open the Bose Music app and pray that it connects this time and I don't have to go through the whole reset process for Nth time, the connection stays paired to both devices and does not disconnect and reconnect. These headphones are way too reliant on the Bose Music app. I don't have this issue with my Jabra 65t nor my v1 Plantronics Backbeat Pros which I replaced with these headphones. Needless to say, I'm underwhelmed with these headphones and Bose support. FIX this issue! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

I have the same issue. When I’m calls through my Laptop with Zoom, I keep getting the message saying iPhone lost and reconnected. I have to switch off Bluetooth on my iPhone so that I can hear the Zoom conf call.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Since this seems to be the largest thread on this issue...

I too am having trouble. Firmware 1.3.1.2028.de73ce1

When I first got the headphones, I loved them. I mean, I *REALLY* loved them.

But...

This last update has rendered them absolutely useless trash, if they have more than 1 source listed. I connect them to a Samsung Galaxy 8+ and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. 

Even if the Tab S4 is inactive (but powered on), I can't make it through a whole song or more than about 5 minutes of audio before I lose the audio connection in the headphones.

They are still connected. I can still play and pause via the headphones. But there's no A2DP audio.|

I suspect that once something hooks HSP or HFP, A2DP no longer works.

Or it could be that the Bose app is so frustratingly poorly designed that when it loses connection to the headset, it kills A2DP.

I'm actually going to expiriment with that... I am going to remove the Bose app, and test the headphones as strict BT headphones without the Bose app.

But if this is not resolved soon, I will be seeking restitution, and making sure that everyone that has asked me about my Bose headphones knows *EXACTLY* how I feel about them, and the troubles I've run into. 

I'm not a long time Bose consumer. This is my first Bose product, and I can tell you, that right now, I'm unlikely to EVER buy a Bose product again... We'll see how things pan out in the next couple weeks.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

And God help Bose if one of the moderators comes back and re-pastes the same reset instructions that have been posted here numerous times already. 

I swear on all that is holy that if one of the moderators here makes the assumption that I ignored the numerous times those instructions have been posted, and that I am just posting out of ignorance, I will return the product IMMEDIATELY, and go on a campaign to make every single person I am in contact with from now until my last breath, aware of the issues I am facing.

I will not be treated like a child, or like I am ignorant as a response to the fact that the company is clearly having problems with it's product. It's a tactic that the company is using to try to push the responsibility for the problems off on it's users.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Guys, you will never get a solution. I was part of the beta best for the bose 700 and this issue has been already addressed there numerous times. The beta test was in May 2019! And as you can see it is still not solved. I bought a unit last week and experienced the same issue again and again. I have returned my headphones and will head to Sony 1000xm3, as the deal breaker for Bose 700 (pairing/telephony) is just useless.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@Anony19 wrote:

Guys, you will never get a solution. I was part of the beta best for the bose 700 and this issue has been already addressed there numerous times. The beta test was in May 2019! And as you can see it is still not solved. I bought a unit last week and experienced the same issue again and again. I have returned my headphones and will head to Sony 1000xm3, as the deal breaker for Bose 700 (pairing/telephony) is just useless.

I'm not trying to convince you not to, but a word of advice: I sold a pair of XM2's before coming back to Bose because the XM2's are completely useless for phone calls in anything but dead quit surroundings. I had planned on picking up XM3's instead but from my research they are not improved in that area (plenty of forum complaints about them). Loved everything else about my XM2's (including the champagne color scheme) but felt stupid taking them off and holding my phone to my ear to make calls.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I had the same issue with my QC 35 II... returned and replaced 4 times.. same issues.. just bought the 700's... same issues.. returning for the AirPods Pros ... at least i know it works well.