Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Oh, hey everyone! I think I found a solution to the audio disconnection problem! 

All you have to do is use an audio cable, rendering your bluetooth phones virtually useless, and worth maybe $50.

Sucks, really.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Bose NC 700 - Randomly disconnecting

I recently received these headphones as a Christmas gift for use at work, and started using them late last week.  However, today I started having issues where the Bluetooth randomly disconnects from the phone.  I use headphones at work to listen to music while working on the computer.  

The headphones are connected to a Samsung Galaxy S10+, as of the last disconnect, the battery on the headphones was at 15 hours remaining and the phone at 93%.  The phone has the latest Android version, and the latest Bose software installed.  According to the Bose application, the headphones have the latest firmware.  

To fully describe the issue, while playing music, it will randomly play the sound of when the headphones Bluetooth disconnects, and you can audibly hear the noise cancelling stop.  When I press the button on the headphones to connect, it will play the tone, and you can hear the noise cancelling start again, and it will then tell you the battery remaining.  Then I can go into the phone and start playing music again.

This has occurred three times in the last 2 hours.

Any suggestions?  In total, these headphones have been used under 5 hours.

Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 - Randomly disconnecting

Hello shaunbroyhill, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us! Sorry to hear that you have run into some odd issues with your headset, I would love to assist you with this. 

Let's start with performing a reset on the headphones, this can be done by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Another thing we want to try is clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the device and testing the connection again. To clear the pairing list simply press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds until you hear the pairing list cleared. Please also forget the connection from your device's Bluetooth connections. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. If any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I find it absolutely ridiculous that bose continues to allow these to be sold while this issue exists. I bought these from the Apple store two days ago and immediately started experiencing this issue which, it is clear there is no resolution to. This effectively makes these headphones useless for me. Thankfully, Apple has a 14 day return policy so these will be returned immediately. I'm not sure I'll continue to be a bose customer any longer. Way to go, bose. Great business model.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hello all,

did you checked your Bluetooth Version they told me it will only work with Bluetooth 5.0. I have 4.0 on my machine. How to check it: https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/10/16/how-to-find-your-macs-bluetooth-version/

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I am using a Dell XPS. It has Bluetooth 5.0 (LMP 9.602) and this issue is still happening every time I join a call. I must disable the bluetooth on my iPhone in order to have a call on Webex / Webex Teams. This does not happen with Plantronic Backbeat Pros or Jabra Elite 65t. I have updated my PC with the latest drivers for everything including the bluetooth radio. All software, firmware, drivers are up to date and working with no issues other than this one. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

To throw my 2 cents in here, i am having the exact same issue as many here.

FWIW, i think this also happened with the QC35iis..

Im on a conference call on my work laptop whilst connected to my work laptop and iPhone X. My headphones will suddenly tell me the iPhone has disconnected, and then connected again straight after. This completely mutes the call and the other end can't hear me completely so i miss around 10 seconds of the call. 

This is awful when I am speaking to clients and it is becoming a running joke when i am speaking to colleagues over the phone.. 

The only way to fix it is to disconnect from my phone which isn't really what i want to do all day. Please fix this or tell us where you are at with it. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Just add me to the list.  Same symptoms.  When on a video conferencing call on Zoom, my iPhone 6 connects and disconnects constantly, causing the headset to completely cut out.  It's essentially unusable.  What's weird is that the first 2 days I used the headset, I did not have these problem.  I'm not sure what has changed to cause this.

I can't believe something so prevalent is not being looked at or addressed by Bose.  I didn't try any of the recommended solutions as I'm guessing the 8 pages of people trying it, with no one having success was enough for me to skip the formalities.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

As someone who spends a lot of time on calls, there really is no alternative to NCH700s, so I'm not going to threaten to return them, but, I would love it if this issue would get fixed nonetheless (or maybe at least acknowledged).

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Same issue here. Really hope they will be able to sort this out