Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

I registered on the forum just so I could take part in this - that’s how real this issue is for Bose 700 users!

I’ve made the setting changes you suggested, and we’ll see if it helps. For me, the OP describes my issue perfectly: it’s when connected to multiple devices (in my case, a laptop and an iPhone 8), that the iPhone intermittently disconnects and reconnects on its own. So far my only solution has been to disable Bluetooth on my phone when on video calls on my laptop.

I suspect that what is actually happening is that when connected to multiple devices, the connection to the device that is not streaming anything times out or goes idle. 

I do think turning the voice prompts off will help, as half the issue is that bloody annoying voice telling me it’s disconnecting/connecting half way through a conference call!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Ok quick update: those settings definitely helped. I just got off 2 hours of video calls while having my phone and computer connected, and not one problem. So it’s a thumbs up from me 🙂

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Hello Hector,

With the greatest of respect - this is NOT an odd issue.  There are many different posts describing the same problem.  I have been encountering a similar issue myself for about 4 months.  My Bose 700 headset disconnects and reconnects (by itself) from my Galaxy S8 phone.  There are no problems of bluetooth connection with other devices, such as my automobile system.  The headset does not disconnect from my computer (Windows 10 pro, Dell XPS).  I have tried resetting connections between the headset and the phone.  I have tried it with and without the Bose Music app.  It seems only to occur when I am also connected to my computer.  There is a REAL PROBLEM that no one I have contacted at Bose seems to want to acknowledge.  This is a huge disappointment from an other great product!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@zsolt-nagy wrote:

Hello, not sure if it will help, but give it a shot:

- go in to Bose Music App

- Select headset

- Settings 

- Self-Voice > set it to Off

- After that a little lower in the menu > Disable Prompts (this one is not necessary but even if you get disconnected, you won't hear the words in the headset, which in turn mutes your call for a couple of seconds)

Hope this works for you!

Cheers

Yes that does work, as a workaround - since it turns off all notifications. About as annoying as turning off BT on your phone while connected to a laptop. However, both of those workarounds are not viable long term solutions. For me, because of the lack of response here, I have given up on using my NC700's for conference calls and picked up a pair of plantronics BT headsets from work instead. And yes they manage to switch between phone/laptop flawlessly.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Hello Bose,

What shall we do to have answers  ? Write Directly to the CEO ? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 disconnects frequently when connecting to two bluetooth devices

This issue started after I upgraded to Firmware 1.3.1. I usually connect NC700 to two devices using BlueTooth, a Dell 7390/Windows 10 laptop and an iPhone XR. I use the laptop to play music/Youtube and the iPhone to take calls. The iPhone now gets disconnected every 5 minutes or so, and it'll connect back right away. Since we have the voice assistant announcing the disconnection and re-connection, it's really bothering when I'm listening to music.

By the way, firmware upgrade was pretty tough. Three issues:

1. Why can't latest firmware information be listed on the NC700's page under support section? It's hard to determine whether I need an upgrade.

2. I couldn't upgrade using the Bose App on the iPhone XR. In my 4, 5 retries, the upgrade process started but always failed after a long time out (like 10 minutes). I finished the upgrade via btu.bose.com.

3. Bose App on iPhone XR had random difficulty to connect to NC700. I had to kill the app then restart it and it'd connect.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 disconnects frequently when connecting to two bluetooth devices

I too have this issue. 700 is brand new out of the box. How F'd up is that. Incredible from a company that markets itself as creating only the very best sound devices. Headset is useless if I can't use it for my 4-6 hours per day of conference calls. FIX THIS [Edited by Moderater] BOSE!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 disconnects frequently when connecting to two bluetooth devices

I have had the same issue since December, I have been sent a new pair which now have HP appended to the name, they do exactly the same thing this needs fixing I think the letter to the CEO is actually a reasonable approach at this stage.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Turning off self-voice hasn’t fixed this issue for me.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

I have dropped James Scammon a LinkedIn inmail, no idea if he will acknowledge, I would encourage others to do the same however so his name is Jame.E.Scammon LinkedIn is  - https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-e-scammon-682691ba/