Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Yes. I tried going to settings in the app. I don’t see any option to update firmware anywhere in the settings portion of the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

the app is updated first, then when app is opened it starts preparing for firmware update automatically. 

Do not forget to click Install update. 

After the update I am able to see Equalizer option in Settings under Noise Cancellation. 

As mentioned in previous posts please close the app and reopen to see the changes. 

Apple version vs Android version of app behaves differently. 

I have not tested the disconnect issue yet, will post after testing for more than a week. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

The app is up to date. I literally tried everything and nothing has worked. Then as a last resort I tried to factory reset and now, the headphones won’t even turn on. They are completely bricked and useless. The product is complete garbage, and so is the Bose brand as far as I’m concerned. I may as well have thrown $300 in the trash.

Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Ever since I upgraded to latest firmware, I am only getting 14 hours max? I charged it overnight and it still says you have 14 hours remaining? I should have 18 hours as normal as I had it before the firmware upgrade. How do I address this?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Dear moderators,

Unfortunately version 1.4.12.6283 did not help.

My Bose NC 700 is still disconnecting from my Mac even more often now, it actually seems to be worse with the update. Before it was usually several hours of consistent connection. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

Not experiencing any issues on my Android device though.

@Anne_S @Jessie_O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Bose 700 bluetooth and connection issues

My headset constantly interrupts my audio to say its connecting and disconnecting to other devices. Will just happen at random and she talks for like 10 seconds, then reconnects and talks for 10 seconds, it will happen 3-4 times in a row so I end up having to run to the other device and turn off its bluetooth, meanwhile the people I'm on conference calls with think I hung up because I go silent for like a minute. 
Also have issues getting the app to connect. 

Also will randomly turn off while I'm using them sometimes too. 
Is there any way to turn off the audible confirmation of devices connecting/disconnecting? I don't care if devices I'm not using connect and disconnect just don't tell me and interrupt my listening session in progress. **bleep** sakes. $500 for headphones that glitch like a $5 head set. The sound quality is impressive but the glitches are horrible. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

I have the same issue. Is your issue solved?

Can you please tell how?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Hey guys, I was having the same issue as everyone else here. 

I just bought my nc700 a month ago. The day I purchased them, I got the constant connecting and disconnecting issue within couple of hours of use. It somehow fixed after trying to reconnect, reboot, restarting and all that jazz for a bit and I totally forgot about the problem for a while. 

I just dropped my phone at the lake and had to get a new one and that's when the problem came back. I was so frustrated the last two days that I almost trashed the headphones couple of times. It would literally disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds on the dot constantly. It drove me crazy.

I searched everywhere and read most peoples complaints here of same issue. I tried most things mentioned here but nothing helped except for one thing. 

This may not work for everyone but I hope it does. It fixed my problem right away so I'm sharing it in hopes that it'll fix yours too.

I have my nc700 up to date with latest firmware and I have it connected to Samsung note 8 at the moment. It was previously connected to note 9. 

All I had to do was clear the paired devices from the headphone itself by pressing down power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds while I had them on so I could hear the confirmation that paired devices have cleared. 

I tried to troubleshoot the headphone to the best of my ability and found that there's a glitch within the software when you connect it to more than one device. 

So I recommend trying to clear the paired devices and connect it to your device again. Issue has nothing to do with the phone itself. I disconnected my phone and the constant disconnecting issue did not stop which means the glitch has nothing to do with what device you may be using. 

If this works, I recommend only having one paired device at a time to avoid this issue until Bose decides to release an update that will actually fix it hopefully by the year 3000. 

It fixed it for me and I hope it fixes for you guys as well.

Best of luck!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Randomly disconnecting

Hi Hector and All,

has this disconnecting issue been resolved?

It is really annoying.

In more detail, it either disconnects randomly - with all those weird noises and flashing lights, as described in other posts - or says it is connected to the phone, BUT I can only hear system messages like "Connected to ... " and " ... disconnected" while I can only use the phone if I disregard the headset and continue the call in a regular way, i.e. holding the phone against my ear.

Sometimes, after several on/offs of Bluetooth on the phone, the headset connects and remains connected as supposed. But this is not something I would do during my work-related calls.

Any updates?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I tried the suggested steps...

The headset bluetooth blue light blinked just once.... and then it died!

Now the headphone is totally unresponsive!

Can we bring it back to life, or do I ask for a warranty replacement?