Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Recently purchased a new pair of Bose 700 headphones purely on the fact of the ability to multi point connect Bluetooth devices. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work as sold. 

I am trying to connect both my laptop, HP Zbook running Windows 10, and my iPhone 11 pro. Both devices connect without an issue, although it is showing up as two different devices on the PC. Whenever I try to use headphones the PC, and in particular the mic, connection to the phone is lost. This makes it very hard to hear or have a conversation with someone when the voice-over comes on announcing connection to phone lost. This will continue several times, that is loose connection reconnect etc. until either I turn Bluetooth off on the phone or it will not reconnect. 

When I then go to try and use my phone I have two reconnect or reboot the headphones. This is quite frustrating as even the app will not connect to the headphones unless it is closed and reopened.

I have tried tearing between other devices and see similar issues. The steps I have done to troubleshoot this are as follows

deleted the connection history in the headphones and removed the devices from the phones and laptops (have done this several times) reconnected that issue still present.

Tried doing a reset on the headphones as instructed, connect the large end of the charger to the wall adapter, press and hold the power button whilst inserting the small and to the right ear cup, release when you see the Bluetooth light link twice.-This appears to not work at all

Contacted those support- redid all the above steps, even with their instruction I could not get the headphones to reset.

I was then instructed to return the headphones to place of purchase for an exchange. The exchange pair of headphones I received I made sure I updated the firmware before tearing to any device. When powering the new headphones on for the first time I noticed there was already a device paired as well as the device name did not look like you would expect from a factory. As I never saw these in the original box I am somewhat suspicious that the store has just given me back a used pair of headphones.

This "new" set of headphones have exactly the same issues as above and I am unable to do a factory reset on these as well. Given the cost of these headphones I would expect that they deliver what they are advertised to do. In this current state they are completely useless for the purpose of bought them for.

If anyone else has this experience and knows a way to fix it please let me know.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Was having a lot of issues on the QC 35's where bluetooth would constantly skip. Bought NC 700's, every single call I'm in they'll disconnect at least once. For headphones this expensive this is unacceptable. This needs to be fixed on Bose's side ASAP

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

BOSE  - ARE YOU LISTENING?

We are fed up... Fix your shonky product

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Bose, this is quite simply unacceptable. Your product is easily the worst piece of electronic garbage I have ever had the misfortune of purchasing. Fix it or take it off of the market with full refunds.

The help you are pretending to give on this forum is doing absolutely nothing to address this issue, and you all know it. But corporate protocol is forcing you to keep quiet on the fact that there is nothing you can or intend to do. We will all have to wait for a new model and pay another $400 to have a working headset.

Ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Dear Bose the response to which I am replying is the most concise and accurate response you will receive. As a life long Bose fanatic I join the author in consternation and disbelief. I bought the product with the mentality 'It's Bose - no need to review it at all.' For every user that bought these headphones with the intent to use them on anything other than just their phone, you have lost that presumption forever, and quite possibly all future investments in your product.

For many of us, even an apology would go a long way in the right direction. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Thank goodness I finally found out how to unsubscribe from this already "dug through the dirt" thread.  Get on with life people! Find a different headset and company to complain about.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I am pleased to be able to tell you that yesterday we released a new firmware version (1.4.12) for the Noise Cancelling 700s today that includes an update for an improved Bluetooth connection reliability. You can see the full post for the release here.

Please check out the update and let us know what you think by commenting in the thread.

Thanks

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Moderators, QC35 II has exactly the same issues - is an update in the pipeline for us?!?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

I received word of this new firmware update 1.4.12. I downloaded the Bose Updater and have been trying for the last hour to install it. Every time I plug the phones into my Mac, the updater just tells me that my headphones are fully up to date with "Version 1.2.6." How can that be true if 1.4.12 has been released?!

Also, the new post about the update indicates that the Bose App now supports an EQ feature. This is also not true. I have been on the app for the last two hours and have been unable to find or access any EQ feature. I checked and re-checked that the app is up to date. And it is. It is App version 3.3.4 which according to the Wayne_M is the most up to date version.

This is the single most frustrating experience I have ever encountered with ANY company. Customer service is terrible and so far so is the quality of the product.

Highlighted

Hey @mnoingol1

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with updating the headphones. 

Have you tried updating the headphones through the application? You can do this in the settings menu. 

Once the update is complete,  you will need to close and reopen the application for the EQ feature. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!