Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Did the update and nothing connects...I want my 35s back or a Sony.  This is unacceptable that the bluetooth is so fickle.

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try a product reset and reset the devices you are using with the headphones. It would also be good to clear the paired lists of the devices and headphones, if you are still experiencing issues after this then I would try pushing a manual update even if your headphones are up to date.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable (included) is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

I’ve had my new 700’s for two days and I’ve had very similar issues others describe here.

Bluetooth disconnecting sporadically. Calls where I can hear them, but they are unable to hear me. As well as an issue, or rather an annoyance with the Bose Music app constantly flashing a red notification that say’s without WiFi my product won’t work properly. I’m in sales and I’m always traveling from customer to customer.

I’m questioning where Bose and their engineering team is on fixing this issue. Because at the moment, resetting broken software as a fix - Is not a real fix.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

FYI, wanted to post an update here. I exchanged my headphones for another pair of 700s at Best Buy and have not had any connection issues since then. Maybe you got a lemon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I am having the same issues with Bluetooth connections disconnecting/reconnecting (and the device is no more than 3 feet away!).  I will try the reset but if it doesn’t resolve I will try and return for a replacement before giving up.  Any idea if there are known bad lots of devices (maybe by serial numbers?)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

When I switch the audio from my iPhone XS to the computer my iPhone will randomly and repeatedly disconnect from the headset bluetooth then reconnect. This causes the audio prompts which prevents me from hearing call information and disables the mic while the prompt plays. In order to use the headset for a conference from my computer I must go onto my phone and disconnect from the headset in the bluetooth menu, then there are no issues with the call on the computer. This also happens with my iPad Pro 11" 2018. This occurs when I am playing audio from any device that is not an Apple device while an Apple device is connected to the headphones. The only device which seems to be disconnecting is the device which is not currently playing the audio.

This only seems to happen on iOS devices. I have unpaired from the phone and the Bose Music app then re-paired 3 times. It does not affect the symptoms. I have also performed the following:

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I have also performed these steps to make sure the headphones are properly updated:

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I made sure I have the latest firmware installed on the NC 700's and the latest software is installed on my mobile device. I am also running the most current version of iOS on both my iPhone and iPad.

Edit:

I have found the disconnect/reconnect issue is only observed when the PC switches audio over to the Headset (Hands-free) mode for phone calls. It will remain connected to the iOS device as long as it is on Headset (Stereo) without issues. However, in order to use the headset on the computer as a communications device (input and output) the headset is required to switch over to the Hands-free mode which causes the other device to disconnect. I have also tested this on a Google Pixel 3 and observed the same results. So this appears to be an issue with the headset which needs to be addressed.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

I feel like I had the same problem with my headphone which are less than 30 days old. Wondering if I should just send back my $450 purchase.

I was on a conference call today using Zoom and my MacBook Pro. And connected to my iPhone XS. Randomly all audio cuts out. I have to push the bluetooth button and it repairs and goes to all the audio prompts. Then I have a bunch of static in the audio. I lost 3 minutes of the call repairing the situation. It happened to me yesterday again where I lost audio and had no idea what was happening. I was talking to myself for 5 minutes on a customer call. Person hung up on the other end and said I just went silent. I had no idea. My computer thought it was still connected to the headphones.

How do I fix this? I'm pretty [Moderated by moderator] off.

Highlighted

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the thread. 

I would recommend carrying out the troubleshooting outlined in this thread. If this does not resolve your issue, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support team for assistance. 

Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

To anyone trying these steps with the Bose 700.

1) My included USB-A to USB-C cable did not work at all (Is it supposed to or do I have a defective cable?)

2) I used my USB-A to USB-C cable from my Nintendo switch and it was immediately recognized by the Bose Updater App. However, there is no update. Original version of the software is current.

Very disappointed in the help here. It should be known that a newer version does not exist and this is just robot script advice that isn't applicable.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Hi,

My Macbook Pro (OS Mojave) and Bose 700 NC Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting, even after updating Bose 700 NC firmware, re-pairing Bluetooth connection on both devices and restarting my computer. It works fine with my iPhone. However, it's failing with my computer. Could it be a faulty headset? It seems like I am not the only one having this connection dropping issue. What should I do?

Thank you

Jerome

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello jemo97,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try resetting the headphones.

To reboot your headset:

4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

It would also be good to test to see if the same issue occurs with another computer if you have access to one?

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C