Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

I have the same problem. I just bought a brand new set of Bose NC 700's today from a Bose retail store in Hong Kong. I updated the firmware to the latest before pairing with any device.

Now, I tried using them with my Huawei Matebook Pro laptop and an iPhone 11 Pro Max. The iPhone keeps connecting/disconnecting while I am in video meetings using my laptop.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I'm having the exact same issue, that too keeps taking my name in a terrible way and says <XXX's> iPhone Disconnected, then again in 10 seconds says <XXX's> iPhone connected. So annoying that I have to mandatorily disconnect two devices and make sure only one device is connected if I have to use. Kinda loses the whole puropose of having multi point connectivity !!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

I now have another manufacturers headphones, such a shame but this was interfering with my work and that is not acceptable!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I received a brand new pair today. I used my phone to setup the headphones then paired with my PC - where I intend to use the headphones. I kept getting constant disconnects every 5 to 8 minutes. Even while actively listening to music on my PC. I tried forcing my phone to disconnect from the headphones. I updated the firmware. The thing that worked, was clearing the headset of it's bluetooth pairings by pressing the bluetooth button for 10 seconds until it states it has cleared the profiles. It took a few tries because holding it down doesn't work unless you're in the right "state" I don't know if that state is powered on or off. I had to try a few times.

BUT this means that multi-point bluetooth technology is the culprit. There needs to be a way to disable the multi-point bluetooth feature. Everytime I switch devices, I'm going to have to clear the previous device if it is still nearby or I will run into this problem again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

This is my second ACH 700 - and both of them had this problem.

Some software issue still there with very latest software version 1.7.0