Barbara BK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

One thing that was really helpful to me is to switch the Bluetooth disconnected message from the verbose mode to just a short notification noise. To do this go to the Bose Music app, select the Settings gear in the upper right. Scroll down to Voice Prompts and disable those.

Mph112
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Hi Having upgraded to the N700s from the QC35 I was disappointed to learn that whilst the headphones can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the sametime  the new version of Bluetooth version 5 doesn’t operate in the same way that Bluetooth version 4 does . To explain I use a work and a personal phone connected at the sametime to the headphones. I listen to music on my personal phone and when work related call come through on the work phone the QC 35 would allow me to take the call on the headphones and pause the music on the personal phone. Once the telephone call is ended the music would continue to play from my personal phone into my QC 35 . Perfect ! N700 can’t do this the moment the work voice call is connected the headphones loose Bluetooth connection to the personal but keep trying to connect to them whilst your speaking  via the headset on the work phone ! This means you will get an announcement stating your remaining battery life whilst it try’s to connect to the phone that has lost connection  whilst  which makes the call impossible to continue with . Apparently this to tooth with now Bluetooth 5 works according to the  Bose support team? I love the headphones but not the inferior functionality. Any ideas?

karld
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

That is definitely not how Bluetooth 5 works.  BT5.0 actually has double the bandwidth and is even more capable of connecting to multiple devices at once. 

I sit at my desk all day with my 700's connected to my mobile and my desk phones while listening to podcasts.  I can take a call from either phone and when the call ends the audio playback (usually) resumes.  The only issue I have is if the other phone rings while I'm on a call it interrupts the call I'm on and plays a very annoying voice prompt.

If it's playing the battery life announcement then my guess is your headphones are actually rebooting and reconnecting to both devices.  There's another thread that is 21 pages long with people having the same issue...  though for us there's a loud buzz every time this happens.

dzynio@poczta.fm
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

This is a joke! The headset does not connect properly to iPhone. Returning it today.