Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Constantly disconnecting and connecting Bluetooth device

Has anyone contacted Bose support and obtained a resolution?  I tried Bose support with the app issues not working with the app.  I eventually fixed it myself by just trying lots of times.  They were friendly but not able to help.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Can you please let know how did it work , it will be useful for many of us please .

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

@jjm004 wrote:

I have the same issue.  Ill be listening to music and suddenly it stops playing the music.  The music doesnt pause or anything on the phone...just no sound from the headphones.  After pausing the music and hitting play the music will be heard again through the headphones.  This happens intemittently throughout the day.  

I have basically the same issue as you, but it happens with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Like you, I'll be listening to music and it'll suddenly stop playing as if the headphones disconnected. BTW I get no audio warning of disconnects / reconnects. In addition to that I also get constant signal dropouts. 

At first I thought it was the Bose Music App causing the issue so I removed it and just connected the phones to my Note 9 without the software. Same issue, constants sound dropouts and weird music pauses. 

Anyway I've only had these 5 days and they are seriously close to being returned. BTW I bought these because I figured they provide better sound than my cheap AKG N60 wireless headphones. The good is they do sound better. The BAD.... they constantly disconnect where the cheap AKG N60's keep working without losing a beat.  

At the end of the day I need these $400 dollars phones to be just as reliable as my $79 dollar N60's. Thus far they are not and based on the thread here, they've a serious connection issue.  I'll call Bose's tech support Monday and see what they say but right now there's a 99 percent chance I'll be returning them. Four hundred dollars is a lot to risk for a product that doesn't work half the time.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Just literally  got off the phone with Bose tech support and not only were they not helpful, but their "troubleshooting technique" is try a different phone, try firmware update. Firmware being already the latest, and not having another phone to connect them to, but instead my PC which nets the same results - signal dropouts, their next "fix" is the send them to them for replacement. 

In short Bose's support isn't helpful at all and it almost appears as if they've pretty much acknowledged there is an issue and the only thing they can really offer is a replacement in hopes the new replacement will work without issues.

With that I will be returning these back to the authorized vendor I bought them from and make sure they're aware of this thread. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I'm facing the same issue, i don't have the feeling that it is related to reboot of neither my PC or Iphone, and it is only my Iphone that is being disconnected, never my bluetooth connection my PC.
When it happens, it happens continuously.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

What is going on with BOSE Support?

I have contacted them yesterday (I'm in Dubai), and the tech support advised to disconnect all other idle devices and keep only the device you're streaming from !!

I've told him this should not be considered as a "fix" !! as NC700 should be able to connect to multi-devices at the same time.

The second advice was to disable the voice prompt in the app!! the gentleman here is trying to mask the issue and not solving it.

We need a fix from BOSE for this issue... FED UP!!!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

My NC700 is connected to my iPhone 6s (iOS 13.1.2 latest) and to my Dell Latitude work laptop.

Whenever I'm on Skype for business call, I keep hearing periodically that my iPhone is disconnected & then when I wake up the phone, it says connected.

I just leave it for 3 minutes and it's happening again & again !!!!

Using NC700 is uncomfortable for me now on my work!!!!!

Has anyone fixed this?! Guys please let us know....

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@hani_alzhair Careful with turning off the voice prompts. When you do that, it breaks the mute functionality.

As if we need another reason to be frustrated.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

@BobbyC Is this for real?!

I haven’t turned the voice prompts off but if it does corrupt the mute, this is really frustrating!

I just found Bose released V2.4.4

I haven’t tried if this is solved or not.

Do I have the right to replace my NC700 at the store?! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I have the same issue and they are replacing my headset.

I asked if I could replace it at the store but they said no.

I had to first post the headset back (at their cost) and then wait for the new pair to arrive in the post.  The process is fairly straightforward.  The unfortunate thing is I will be without a headset for about 2 weeks.  Hopefully it will resolve the issue but I am not holding my breath.  I suspect it is a firmware or software issue.

I will post my experience here when the new pair arrives.

Adrian