LonnieW
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 Crackling with Windows 10

Hello, are bose engineers working on this issue? It still hasn't been resolved and poor performance with PC defeats the purpose of these headphones.

E_Colorado
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Same here, actually. I do hear a lag in sound when audio first starts, using both BT 4.0 and 5.0. I suspect that delay in initial sound to be a driver and/or hardware "power saving feature" rather than an issue with the 700 headphones specifically.

I have tried another BT 5.0 transmitter, a self-contained unit that did not interface with Windows, and it not only delayed initial sound, but went further and aggressively cut audio streaming when the audio source went nearly silent (so during very quiet moments in movies, the audio stream temporarily dropped).

It seems like bluetooth adapters and devices often push battery saving measures without an option to disable those measures, which is a bummer for those of us who prioritize responsiveness over power consumption.

LonnieW
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I agree that this is likely the case with the delay in initial sound, and while it is annoying I have gotten used to it. What is unacceptable is that this happens constantly during continuous audio such as songs or games. It is frustrating when I am trying to focus on something and I can't even get through a song without hearing multiple pops throughout. At first I thought that this was because the headphones would try to switch the audio stream to my phone whenever it got too quiet, but disconnecting my phone only makes the issue slightly less frequent. I am pretty sure this is just a software issue because restarting the headphones a few times sometimes will temporarily fix it. In the meantime using these headphones with a pc is a very frustrating experience.

Jessie_O

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for being so vocal on this thread! All the information you provide is most helpful!

I'm sorry to learn that your issue has not been resolved. 

Can you confirm if you experience the same issue with another set of headphones?

Do you have the same issue when you connect to different devices. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
LonnieW
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Hello, thank you for replying.

I use these headphones regularly with my S9+ that has BT 5.0 and my Surfacebook 2 which has BT 4.1, neither of which have any issues.

I only have one other pair of BT 5.0 headphones and they don't seem to have any issues with any of my devices, including my BT 5.0 desktop which I am having the issues with right now.

Jessie_O

Hi LonnieW, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

To confirm, when connecting the NC700 to the S9+ and the Surfacebook 2, you are able to switch devices without the crackling? It is just when you connect to the Desktop? 

Let me know!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
LonnieW
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

That is correct, I don't have any problems with the S9+ and the Surfacebook 2 combination. I am not sure if this has to do with the fact that the surfacebook does not have BT 5.0 or if it is just because they are different adapters with different drivers.

E_Colorado
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

• I do not have any other Bluetooth 5.0 headphones to test with.
  • I do not experience this when connected to my other devices (A Google Pixel 2 XL which uses Bluetooth 5.0, and another Windows 10 PC using Bluetooth 4.0).

I seem to be having the same experience as LonnieW: Intermittent skips in audio when listening to a continuous audio stream using the NC 700s, when connected to a Windows 10 PC with a Bluetooth 5.0 adapter.

LonnieW
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I have had more time to test the headphones and it seems like disconnecting my phone does reduce the issue. I still do get occasional pops but they are not nearly as frequent. I am fairly certain this is just a software issue and it could probably be fixed with a bit more tuning.

Jessie_O

Hi LonnieW,

Thank you for this additional information!

I have passed this on and marked the post so the development team can see this. 

Thank you for your feedback! If anyone else in the Community is experiencing the same issue, I encourage you to reach out on this thread. 

Kindest,

Jessie O