Bose NC 700 Crackling with Windows 10

Audible Advocate

Bose NC 700 Crackling with Windows 10

I have a pair of bose NC 700 that I use with my windows 10 desktop PC and my S9+. When I have both connected the to the headphones and the headphones switch streaming from the phone to the PC, there is a static pop and the first few seconds of audio are missed. This is very annoying when starting a video, for example, or with notification jingles which just become a static pop. I have downloaded the latest bluetooth drivers for my motherboard and both devices should be using a bluetooth 5.0 connection. I haven't experienced this problem when audio switches from my PC to my phone, only the other way around.

36 REPLIES 36
Audible Advocate

Re: Bose NC 700 Crackling with Windows 10

Update: I am now experiencing this problem when the headphones are connected only to the PC. I hear a pop every time I start audio from silence, for example starting a video or getting a notification.

Hello LonnieW,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Noise-Cancelling headphones. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend trying a product reset and that you also clear the pairing list of both the headphones and the devices you're using with them.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hello, thank you for the reply. I tried this and it did not work.

Audible Advocate

Hi, I have the exact same issue with the op.

Hi LonnieW and Liam213, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please also confirm if this issue persists when you are using the AUX cable and connecting to the computer? 

I look forward to hearing back from you both. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

I tested it with the aux cable and it does not seem to have the same issue as the bluetooth connection does.

Hello LonnieW,

Thanks for getting back in touch, okay so I would recommend that you try pushing a manual update to the headphones. You can do this by following the steps below:

Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable (included) is required for this update
• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
• Click "Download" to download the updater
• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I would also recommend that you try another device with the headphones as well as testing some other sources.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

I just tried the installer and it says that I am running the latest version 1.1.4 "Initial Release." I didn't see a way to force it to reinstall the same version. I tested the headphones with my windows 10 laptop which did not seem to have the same issue. The laptop uses bluetooth 4.1 and probably has different drivers so I am not sure if that may be related to the issue.

Hello LonnieW,

Thanks for giving that a go for me, I understand that it is frustrating that it did not work. Let's try resetting the phone you are using when you experience the issue, then I would test again to see if the issue still occurs. Since you are not experiencing the same issue via aux or when you are using your Windows laptop the issue must be isolated to the device rather than the headphones, so I would also recommend checking that you have the latest software installed.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C