Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Bose NC 700 - Current firmware 1.3.1 - not updating

Hi 'all,

I purchased a new Bose NC 700 and the installed fw version is 1.3.1. When I ran the Bose Music App and connected the headset, the app found a new firmware version and downloaded it. Then the update was installed and the headset needed a reboot. After that, the firmware version is still 1.3.1 and the app says it's the current version. Also the Bose updater tool for Windows 10 tells the same story. 

Now I read a lot of issues with the newer fw versions. So do you recommend to leave it as is and enjoy this fw version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 - Current firmware 1.3.1 - not updating

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

@leometal @Marcel12 

I am very pleased to be able to tell you that the wait is over. Today we released 1.7.0 and I invite you can read the full release notes of this here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

@Marcel12 wrote:

Now I read a lot of issues with the newer fw versions. So do you recommend to leave it as is and enjoy this fw version? 

Yes. We have to wait, for now. And when the new FW comes out, I'd recommend to wait a couple of days to endure it is not breaking anything else.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

@leometal @Marcel12 

I am very pleased to be able to tell you that the wait is over. Today we released 1.7.0 and I invite you can read the full release notes of this here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post