USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7-10068+f3675e6)

App Version

(4.1.1)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.630

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When I first got my NC 700 HP and connected it to my Windows 10 desktop, I think it was connected in stereo when I listen to music and I was able to control the play list by touching the right ear cup.  And one day it stopped working.  Not realizing what happened, I remove it from the Bluetooth device list and repaired again.  However, after repair my NC 700 HP, it can only be connected as "voice" instead of "voice, music".

1-connected voice.PNG

IMG_20201112_181629.jpg

Steps to reproduce this is

1. "Remove device" in Settings - Home - Devices - Bluetooth & other devices - Audio - Bose NC 700 HP

2. Pair it again

3. Connect

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Quiet workstation at home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

November 8, 2020.  It worked before.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I followed many online helping procedures to try to uninstall drivers in Windows 10 and reinstall drivers, but nothing worked.  I even used Windows 10 Update Assistant to download the most current version of Windows 10, and that didn't help either.  I even contacted Microsoft trying to get it to help, but I was dropped from my calls with them twice without getting any help.

I hope you may be able to provide some help for me.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose NC 700 HP Windows 10 connection issue - only voice, no music

Hey CPH, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones. 

I would recommend having a look at the thread HERE as this has some really great troubleshooting steps for similar issues. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Hi!

I thought I had replied before, but I don't see any here.

I am able to pair Bose NC 700 HP to my Windows 10, so your link doesn't help me.  I checked them.

My Bose NC 700 HP when connected to Windows 10 using Bluetooth, is only connected as "voice" only.  This seems to be the "Headset" "Bose NC 700 HP Hands-Free AG Audio" rather than "Headphones" "Bose NC 700 HP Stereo", which is connected as "music".

In "Device Manager", under "Audio inputs and outputs", there are two "Headset (Bose NC 700 HP Hands-Free AG Audio)", but there is no "Headphones (Bose NC 700 HP Stereo)".

Because of this, I cannot use the right ear cup on my Bose NC 700 HP to control music playing at all.

I would like to know if anyone has the knowledge and can show me how I can fix this issue.  Thank you.

@CPH Although the issue is not identical, the troubleshooting steps listed are still appropriate for Bluetooth related issues. For your particular issue, I'd recommend completing the clearing of the Bluetooth pairing list. This is done by holding the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, as you did before, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on your computer. Now establish a completely fresh connection. 

Let me know if you're now able to connect to the stereo profile.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Thank you for the reply.  I tried again, and it still does not work, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear this CPH. 

Let's attempt to update the headset to the latest 1.8.2 version. To do this please connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Screenshot your input and output sound settings