Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Bose NC 700 Headphones - Audio Drops During Conference Calls (Meet, Slack, Skype, Zoom)

I have had the NC 700s for about 3 months now and have recently experienced dopped audio in almost all of my conference calls in google meet.  None of my other headphones experience the same thing.  It is always when connected to my MacBook Pro.  I have done all recommended resets and wiping of Bluetooth connections but nothing has improved. I've turned off auto-shutoff and motion sensing and no change as well.

The headphones are worthless right now and I would not recommend them to anyone that wants to use them on a computer.  I reached out to Bose support and they admitted that they shouldn't be used on a computer (see attached screenshot).  However, this is unacceptable for a pair of $400 headphones.  I am trying to be patient but will likely make the switch to Jabra if the issue is not fixed soon.  

I used to suggest the QC35ii to my coworkers but have changed my recommendation to anything but bose at this point.  This is more of a complaint than anything, I'm not looking for troubleshooting steps but only to vent the fact that you released a faulty product/firmware.

IMG_1150.png

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones - Audio Drops During Conference Calls (Meet, Slack, Skype, Zoom)

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/noise-cancelling-headphon...

No mention that the headest is advise against PC usage and VoIP Tools such as Skype Teams etc etc ... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones - Audio Drops During Conference Calls (Meet, Slack, Skype, Zoom)

I'm also having the same issue.  It's so disappointing.  I bought these headphones for the purpose of taking all my work meetings via zoom.  I have 7-8 meetings a day.  

I stopped using the headphones all together because they continue to drop calls and are unreliable.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Soooooo, any news on this topic? Making calls with this headset sucks. Right now I disconnect my phone, so at least the voice prompt won't tell me every other second that the connection with my phone is either lost or established

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

I've tried nearly everything out there to remedy the situation.  Bose sent me a new pair and I had the same issue.  A few other folks I work with are not having issues so it could be the machine I am connected to.  I have a newer Macbook pro from 2018 but nothing stands out to why it doesn't quite work right.  Super disappointed since the headphones have great sound and call quality when they do work.  My next step is to waste an hour or two of my day figuring out how to get a refund instead of a replacement.... 😞

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

You can try this solution if you still have them lying around.

- Reset all Bluetooth connections

- In zoom set your audio and microphone preference to "Same as system"

- Select the headphones and as audio and microphone preference use Bose NC 700.

This should ideally solve the issue with Zoom. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Did you choose headset or headphones in the Zoom settings? For me, there are no microphone problems, but the speaker constantly disconnects and then I have to play random, to try to switch sources in Zoom, and pray to God that some of them actually work.