Highlighted
darshil.saraiya
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Bose NC 700 Headphones Getting Disconnected from the laptop when Zoom call is going on.

I am using Bose NC 700 headphones for a few months. When I am connected to the Windows 10 Lenovo P51 Thinkpad laptop and my meeting is going on in Zoom, the Headphones got disconnected for 2 times in a row. This doesn't happen when I am connected to the iPhone and using the zoom app or any other app. Is this a know bug?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones Getting Disconnected from the laptop when Zoom call is going on.

Hello darshil.saraiya, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. 

We do not have any known reports of bugs with the Zoom app, but this is certainly something we can look into. To enable us to get a better understanding, can you kindly confirm: 

- Are the headphones connected to the laptop only? or also to another smartphone? If they are connected to a smartphone, please disconnect it and re-test. 

- Have you updated the firmware of the headphones to the latest version? 

- Have you tried testing the app on another computer? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

grandforest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

bose 700 disconnects from Windows 10 after 15-20 mins of use

Pair bose nc 700 successfully with Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.   connection routinely drops after 15-20 mins of use even if I use the microphone during the session.

Re: bose 700 disconnects from Windows 10 after 15-20 mins of use

Hello grandforest, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you are having these issues, please can you answer the questions asked by @Jeff_G above, and then I can look to assist you further. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

grandforest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

My problem also occurs using the Zoom app on Windows 10 laptop.

The laptop is the only device paired with Bose 700 nc.

The Bose firmware is up to date.

Have not tested with another computer - this is the only one I own.

Hello grandforest,

Thanks for posting in the community, it's a shame that you are also having difficulty with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. That's something I would be more than happy to help you with, there is some troubleshooting we can try to get this resolved for you; this being clearing the pairing list and resetting the headphones.

Follow these steps to reset the headphones (Note: Do not connect the USB cable to the headphones until instructed to do so):

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Follow these steps to clear the pairing list:

1. Power on the headphones
  2. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  3. Remove your headphones from your device's Bluetooth list. You can do this in the Bose Music app by tapping Settings > Bluetooth Connections > Edit. Then tap the "X" next to the device name you want to remove
  4. Your headphones are now "Ready to pair" to your device. Tap "Connect New" in the Bose Music app

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

grandforest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Problem solved for me at least.

Run Windows Device Manager > Human Interface Devices

Find Bose devices, open Properties

On "Power Management" tab, uncheck "Allow Computer to Turn Off This Device to Save Power"

Save changes

Restart computer

Opened Zoom conference with a friend ... 45 minutes w/o headset disconnect.

bose_zoe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Does the device manager solution work for others? I just returned mine within the 30 day window because of this issue. Another note: I don't have admin access to my work laptop, where I use headphones the most. Is there some other way to disable the Computer Power Off without device manager? I loved the headphones, but not being able to stay on calls with them is 100% a deal breaker for me.