Saf
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Re: bose 700 disconnects from Windows 10 after 15-20 mins of use

I have the same issue! It is only connected to a laptop and after 30 minutes in zoom/skype, the mic/speaker stops working.

I read the solutions here, but I cannot find the Bose device under the human interface devices! Can someone help?

seabass_07
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

You are a legend thank you so much for asking this question - I was having the exact same problem!!

seabass_07
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

I can't find Bose Devices when I go to Human Interface devices, does it show up as something else? Like HID-compliant vendor-defined device?

Bermuda_TeamsCalls
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

@Saf wrote:

I have the same issue! It is only connected to a laptop and after 30 minutes in zoom/skype, the mic/speaker stops working.

I read the solutions here, but I cannot find the Bose device under the human interface devices! Can someone help?

I've been having the same problem. I tried changing the HID Bluetooth device setting in Device Manager so that Windows won't turn off bluetooth to save power.

I also noticed that if I didn't use the default device name, Windows used a much older bluetooth driver. Because of GPO on my work machine I can't upgrade it. However, the driver with the default device name has a driver from 2019. This connection is much more stable.

The other change I did that seems to have resolved the issue is to open sound settings and select the headphones as the mic device. 

I've had 2 hour long teams calls now where the mic didn't disconnect.

Also of note, I had a 2.5hr zoom call on my MacBook Pro and the mic was solid the entire time. Definitely an issue just on Windows 10 1909 build

branetheory
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

I bought this especially for my work calls. I use Teams and it disconnects randomly.

Not sure how this brand is so famous. It connects to the Android device well. No problem when I play a video in my Windows 10 laptop. But it doesn't work smoothly when I attend a Teams call. Not only that. Occasionally when I am on a teams call

when it disconnects and I connect again , the volume increases causing discomfort.

How do you sell this product ? I should have asked myself that question before buying it.

I bought it just a week back.

Thanks,

Mohan