A.C.12234q53452356476457we67
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Bose NC 700 Headphones immediately announces 'Bluetooth Off' after power on (on android pixel3)

Today, after 2 months of use, my Bose NC 700 headphones became a really expensive pair of earmuffs. 

As soon as I press the Bluetooth/power button, the voice assistant announces the battery life e.g"19 hours", and then one second later announces 'Bluetooth Off'.

• Ive tried to factory reset, but the blue blinking light after plugging in the USB typeC connector never occurs.
  • Since the bluetooth disconnects immediately on power on, I am unable to detect/discover my headphones at all.
  • Is this a device hardware failure? software issue? Or has Bose decided to stop making quality products?

I keep getting directed to the ios thread, but this occured with my Android (Pixel3) device. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones immediately announces 'Bluetooth Off' after power on (on android pixel3)

Hi A.C.12234q53452356476457we67, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear this and appreciate the troubleshooting that you have attempted so far! 

Are you able to connect the headphones to another device at all via Bluetooth? Also do the headphones work correctly when connected via Aux? I would highly recommend that you attempt to update the headphones via Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other users are also experiencing this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

volkard
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

buggy

Same here. After switching on I hear the battery lifetime and "Bluetooth off" and two clicks. No factory reset possible, no connection to the app. No connection to devices.

But some five hours later it worked again. So don't panic. It's not broken, only buggy.