Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Bose NC 700 Headphones skip/replay gesture stopped working

I've a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones, bought at the beginning of April. The skip/replay gesture has now stopped working. Volume up/down and double-tap to pause/play are still fine. I've done the reset suggested on other posts about all gesture controls failing. This issue seems very specific and the reset doesn't work at all anyway.

This isn't the only problem I'm having with these. I'm having ongoing BT dropout issues which I've commented on in another post.

As far as these headphones are concerned, I'm currently thinking they're faulty and not fit for purpose. A last ditch attempt to hear something useful from Bose before returning. These are too expensive to have so many faults.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Headphones skip/replay gesture stopped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by pbarke

It's primarily using the Spotify app on my laptop.  I was about to try testing some others and somehow it's now working. The only thing I've done is plugged it into my laptop to see if I could listen to anything on a wired connection (which I couldn't). I've unplugged it and it's now working.

The reason I've been using Spotify on my laptop is because it constantly connects and disconnects to my iPhone. I'm making a lot of voip calls from my laptop and it keeps cutting me off to tell me my iPhone is disconnected, connected... I've put this issue in a separate thread.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry you're having a bad experience with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700's I would love to look into these concerns with you. 

Are you using a cabled connection when you notice the Skip/Replay functions are not working? Or does this occur whilst using a Bluetooth connection?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi,  Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, this is with a bluetooth connection. I don't have a wired connection to either device.

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this. 

Does this happen with every device you connect your headphones too?

Can you also test multiple music streaming platforms to see if this persists? Can you let us know what services you test this with. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by pbarke

It's primarily using the Spotify app on my laptop.  I was about to try testing some others and somehow it's now working. The only thing I've done is plugged it into my laptop to see if I could listen to anything on a wired connection (which I couldn't). I've unplugged it and it's now working.

The reason I've been using Spotify on my laptop is because it constantly connects and disconnects to my iPhone. I'm making a lot of voip calls from my laptop and it keeps cutting me off to tell me my iPhone is disconnected, connected... I've put this issue in a separate thread.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I have my iPad pro and iPhone X connected to my headphones. On my iPad, when I am playing music, I am able to use the touch controls to advance between songs back and forth. However, I am unable to do so on my iPhone. I am only playing music through the Apple music app and I have tried to reset my headphones multiple times. I also have the latest firmware update. 

Please provide advice on how to fix this issue. Thx

Highlighted

HI knskait,

It's weird that the controls are not working on your iPhone when they do work on your iPad. Are you able to use any of the touch controls, like volume control or play/pause with your iPhone?

Also, have you tried using the controls with any other apps on your iPhone? If so do the controls work for that app?

What I would recommend doing next is clearing the Bluetooth pairing between the headphones and the iPhone. To clear the pairing on the headphones, power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

You'll then want to forget the headphones from the iPhone device list before re-pairing to the headphones.

Let me know how you get on!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!