Rah9742
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Bose NC 700 Microphone Low Volume

I just bought Bose NC 700 headphones the other day and when I’m on a call people can barely hear me. My iPad mic picks up my voice louder. Is this a software or hardware issue and is there any way to change it

18 REPLIES 18
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 Microphone Low Volume

Hey Rah9742,

Thanks for your post. It's unusual to hear of your difficulties, but we'd love to help out where we can. 

I note that you mention using the headset on an iPad. Have you tested using the headphones with any different devices, such as an alternative phone or tablet? Additionally, is there any specific software that you're using during phone calls when you experience this? We'd love to know more.

You can find some great troubleshooting issues from our support site here. Please do try them out and let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Alnxa
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Same here as well.

I’ve noticed that the vocal level picked up by the Bose 700 mic is significantly lower than AirPods or other Bluetooth airbud by Shure. Those are also much cheaper (though they’re not noise-cancelling).

i came here looking for a solution and found this thread.

@Andy_B  can users adjust the microphone level?

Tegan_M

Hi Alnxa,

Thanks for your question. Regrettably there is no microphone adjustment level on the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Do let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
StanStar7
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Hello,

I also get the comment from listeners in Microsoft Teams from time to time saying my voice is too quiet.  But not all the time.

DsalsaB
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

I also have the same issue with very low microphone volume on phone calls. This has only recently occurred and I’m wondering if it’s linked to the Bose 700 latest software version . I’ve had to stop using these for Confrence calls and gone back to using my sennheiser headset.

DsalsaB
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Solution found: I uninstalled all Bose apps on my iPhone so iOS manages the volume . All conversations are reported much louder by the 3rd party. Only drawback is that I can’t increase the tone levels when listening to music but that’s a small price to pay.

Nicke_
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

I also have this issue. 

I bought these headphones for using on conference calls but the others says that they hear me distant and at low volume. I used them connected to my pc running Windows 10.

@Andy_B I really think you should prioritize this issue. Let me know if you need me to provide more details.

Thanks

sergecom
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I face the same issues during Teams/ Zoom conferences. Sound level is low, some people complain that they can barely hear me. When I change to an other headset problem disappears.

Jeff_G

Hi Sergecom, 

Thanks for posting, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with low volume.

Have you checked to ensure your microphone is fully increased in the Windows sound settings menu? You can make adjustments to the microphone in the Sound settings of your computer. Please see below (the gif contains a different product, but the instructions are the same.) 

Please let me know if this helps you! 😊

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!