Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Bose NC 700 Microphone Sounds Bad When Using Windows 10 Bluetooth

Bose NC 700 microphone sounds bad when using Windows 10 Bluetooth. Sounds great when using iPhone Bluetooth. Sounds great when plugged into Windows 10 computer. Used the Bose device updater to update firmware to latest version. Attempted to updated Window Bluetooth driver which has a 2006 date but system reports it's the latest version.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 Microphone Sounds Bad When Using Windows 10 Bluetooth

Hi Buzz88, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

It sounds like you're listening to audio on Windows 10 with 'headset' and not 'headphones'. 

You can change this by clicking the speaker icon on the taskbar, then click the speaker output name, look for 'headphones'. 

If you do not see 'headphone audio' as an available output option, please unpair the headphones, then establish a new connection. If you continue to not see headphones as an audio output option, this could suggest that the Bluetooth chip in the computer does not support audio streaming via the Bluetooth profile A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) therefore, to get around this, I would recommend using a third-party Bluetooth dongle. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Microphone Sounds Bad When Using Windows 10 Bluetooth

Hi Jeff_G,

Thanks for the response.

On my laptop I did confirm that the speaker output name is Bose NC 700 Headphones. However, after another week of use whenever I am using the headphones in Bluetooth mode, the people I am talking with say they are hearing popping and static sounds both when going through my laptop and my iPhone. They say I sound fine after I plug in and use the cord. The sound on my end is good when using both Bluetooth and plugged in. Since the microphone output sounds good when plugged in, it doesn't appear to be the microphone. I used the Bose Updater and loaded the latest version, 1.7.0. I will test the new version this week and see what the results are.