Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700: Microphone stop working after 5-10 minutes on Skype for Business

Looks like I resolved this for myself.

In my case, I have a built-in Intel Bluetooth Driver in my windows PC. I upgraded the driver to version 21.80 and it appears to be working. I was previously at version 21.10.

I read back through the version 21.70 release notes and it looks like they fixed a bug related to this issue in that version of the driver.

Here's the link to the latest Intel driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29460/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=5948...

Good luck ya'll.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700: Microphone stop working after 5-10 minutes on Skype for Business

Hello,

I received a pair of Bose 700 headphones for my birthday and was ecstatic that I had a great set of headphones AND microphone to boot! They work really well with my phone, but if I make a call on my computer it shuts off at the 8 (+-1) minute mark every time. I've followed advice from other threads, but I am about ready to start a service request if not a straight up return.

My computer is a Lenovo p52 running windows 10 64bit. I have updated to the most recent drivers for the Bluetooth card as well as for the Bose headphones. 

I have tried resetting my headphones (hold power button, insert cord) and clearing the Bluetooth pairing list. 

I have tried using only a single device connected at one time. 

I have tried connecting to only the "handsfree" (aka mono) instead of the "stereo" device name for calls. 

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device in device manager. 

I have tried changing the power manager setting for the Bluetooth card to not automatically shut off to save power. 

I do not know what to do next. I have noticed that when the phone connects, the device name is "LE-<Device name>" instead of just "<Device name>". The computer sees this device name, but if I connect to it, the device is not seen as an audio input/output. 

What on earth do I do next? These are too expensive of a product to have such an infuriating issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Hello

I can confirm that upgrading the driver of your bluetooth chip (typically intel in most laptops) works in my case.

Go into Device manager - Bluetooth - rightclick the Intel Wireless Bluetooth item - update driver.

Version should be v21.70 minimum.

I had the exact same problem - updating the driver works. (Thanks @Thad42  for the solution)

@bose - Please add this advice to the FAQs, manuals and Bose app so that a user actually finds it. (and not a single post from a user like me hidden in a thread on this vast community).

Thanks, Dennis

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

@Thad42 wrote:

Looks like I resolved this for myself.

In my case, I have a built-in Intel Bluetooth Driver in my windows PC. I upgraded the driver to version 21.80 and it appears to be working. I was previously at version 21.10.

I read back through the version 21.70 release notes and it looks like they fixed a bug related to this issue in that version of the driver.

Here's the link to the latest Intel driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29460/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=5948...

Good luck ya'll.

Many thanks! I had exactly this issue, brand new BOSE NC700 headset which had trouble connecting to my pc and this solved it, even updated it to 2.110.0

One more thing which might help people solve sound problems, is that Bluetooth headphones for Microsoft come with two settings: Stereo and Hands-Free. Stereo mode means you can only listen to music, while using Hands-Free you can also use your microphone. This is because of limitations of bluetooth, where current Bluetooth software doesn't have the bandwidth to transmit both microphone and stereo sound. But hopefully htis changes in the future.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

MS Teams Microphone

Hi - I recently purchased the Bose 700 to use it with MS Teams. The microphone works for around 15 mins or so and then stops working each time. I've tried updating to the new firmware (1.7.0) and it still does the same thing (previously i was using stock). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.