cskama
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Never reaches a solid white LED

Why is this marked as resolved? I'm experiencing the same problem with this charger. My phone tells me the headphones are charged 100% but it keeps blinking.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-TurboPower-USB-C-Type-Charger/dp/B01M8MFCYQ

Does my charger need a specifc feature for this to work? If not, will there be a software update to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Hello cskama,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

This thread has an accepted solution because the original poster's issue has been resolved by another user, however, I would be more than happy to help you with your issue. I have had a look at the charger you have mentioned in your post and it does appear to be a fast charger, which is a product we do not recommend as fast chargers can damage the battery. I would recommend using the Bose charger supplied with the headphones and a 5V wall adapter generally and also to test if the issue still occurs. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Capekim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Hi Zoe,

The NC 700's do not come with a charger which is unfortunate for a $400 headphone.  Bose should state the exact max wattage (volts, amps) supported by the headphones so they won't be damaged.  Otherwise people will be plugging in all types of available chargers from iPhones (5W), iPads (10W) to MacBooks (60-87W) to Samsung fast chargers.

If Bose is in these forums, what's the max wattage (amps x volts) supported by the headphones?

addisonbass
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I am having this issue as well... just bought these headphones yesterday and after a total hassle trying to reconnect today after initial setup last night, and then not being able to fully charge my headphones using my computer (even though the instructions do not say this anywhere explicitely), I now have a bad taste in my mouth.

Spending this kind of money on a consumer grade headphone shouldn't include this many surprises.