I cannot have online calls or even play audio on my headphones on my windows 10 (surface pro 6). It works when they're in "headphones mode", but not "headset mode" which I obviously need for zoom/slack/google meet/skype calls. I can sometimes hear a crackling sound or a few seconds of garbled noise, but never consistent.
Headphones work fine with my phone to make calls.
Please don't give me the typical troubleshoot advice, I've been at it for a couple of hours doing:
- updating firmware
- removing & reinstalling all bluetooth drivers
- troubleshooting through windows
- deactivating & reactivating services one by one in device settings
- uninstalling, removing & reconnecting the device
- removing all bluetooth connections in my headphones by holding the power button for 10s
- disabled all sound enhancements and deactivated "apps can take control of this device" in sound settings
What else is there to do?
@arnevd, Welcome to the Community!
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing connecting to your Windows 10 Surface Pro 6. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to help you!
Just to make sure I fully understand, are you not able to get any audio, from calls or music in headset mode?
I look forward to hearing from you!
That is correct. When I play spotify it plays for the first few seconds, then it just drops out and sometimes plays a few seconds of crackling noises.
Thanks for getting back in touch.
I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Does this occur when testing with other devices? Smartphones, other computers?
Further to this, have you had the opportunity to try a different set of headphones with your computer to see whether the same problems occur?