Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Bose NC 700 - Not playing audio in headset mode

I cannot have online calls or even play audio on my headphones on my windows 10 (surface pro 6). It works when they're in "headphones mode", but not "headset mode" which I obviously need for zoom/slack/google meet/skype calls. I can sometimes hear a crackling sound or a few seconds of garbled noise, but never consistent.

Headphones work fine with my phone to make calls.

Please don't give me the typical troubleshoot advice, I've been at it for a couple of hours doing:

- updating firmware

- removing & reinstalling all bluetooth drivers

- troubleshooting through windows

- deactivating & reactivating services one by one in device settings

- uninstalling, removing & reconnecting the device

- removing all bluetooth connections in my headphones by holding the power button for 10s

- disabled all sound enhancements and deactivated "apps can take control of this device" in sound settings

What else is there to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 - Not playing audio in headset mode

@arnevd, Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing connecting to your Windows 10 Surface Pro 6. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to help you! 

Just to make sure I fully understand, are you not able to get any audio, from calls or music in headset mode?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

That is correct. When I play spotify it plays for the first few seconds, then it just drops out and sometimes plays a few seconds of crackling noises.

Highlighted

Hi @arnevd

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Does this occur when testing with other devices? Smartphones, other computers? 

Further to this, have you had the opportunity to try a different set of headphones with your computer to see whether the same problems occur? 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!