shaunbroyhill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Bose NC 700 - Randomly disconnecting

I recently received these headphones as a Christmas gift for use at work, and started using them late last week.  However, today I started having issues where the Bluetooth randomly disconnects from the phone.  I use headphones at work to listen to music while working on the computer.  

The headphones are connected to a Samsung Galaxy S10+, as of the last disconnect, the battery on the headphones was at 15 hours remaining and the phone at 93%.  The phone has the latest Android version, and the latest Bose software installed.  According to the Bose application, the headphones have the latest firmware.  

To fully describe the issue, while playing music, it will randomly play the sound of when the headphones Bluetooth disconnects, and you can audibly hear the noise cancelling stop.  When I press the button on the headphones to connect, it will play the tone, and you can hear the noise cancelling start again, and it will then tell you the battery remaining.  Then I can go into the phone and start playing music again.

This has occurred three times in the last 2 hours.

Any suggestions?  In total, these headphones have been used under 5 hours.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 - Randomly disconnecting

Hello shaunbroyhill, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us! Sorry to hear that you have run into some odd issues with your headset, I would love to assist you with this. 

Let's start with performing a reset on the headphones, this can be done by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Another thing we want to try is clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the device and testing the connection again. To clear the pairing list simply press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds until you hear the pairing list cleared. Please also forget the connection from your device's Bluetooth connections. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. If any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.