Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Turns off instantly after turning on

are you on the latest update? I feel like this error might be do with the latest update they put out
hopefully they can put out a fix if that is the case

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

When the power button is pressed on the 700 headphones, the power on sound is heard and it turns off immediately because it emits the power off sound. This is occurring when every time I attempt to turn the bluetooth headphones on. Ive had the Bose NCH 700 for about 3 months, but I cant use it anymore. I've charged it via PC and from the wall (~2hrs using a phone charger), it might be a battery issue. The light blinks red and white while the headphones turn on and off, and while its charging. It seems like its dead/ unusable; need a replacement from Bose.

EDIT: according to the article https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/article/headphone-status-indicators-headphone.html, blinking white & red, contact bose support.  
There's a thread on 'factory' resetting the headphones, that doesnt seem to work (https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/How-To-Factory-Reset-700-NC-Headphone/td-p/22...)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

I am also having a similar issue, I made a post about it yesterday but there has been no answer so far. I feel like we may not get one until monday

Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

It seems it is a software issue, I managed to downgrade mine to 1.3.1 and solved the problem
if you dont wanna risk messing with that stuff you will have to wait till bose put out a software update

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Same sort of thing is happening to me since the latest update. Headphones turn on, make the startup sound, announce battery life & that they're connected to my phone, but no music can be heard through the headphones. After a few seconds they reboot and it seems to be OK second time around. 

However, I've just been listening to some music and after that initial boot / reboot they were fine for a while, then made a loud buzz, rebooted, and when they came back & connected to my phone they refused to play any music. 

Only had this issue since the most recent update with the equaliser (that I've never used.) 

Phone is a Google Pixel 2 running Android 10, latest update (May 2020). 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

My bad. It's the headphones. Smart Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I got an update for my Bose sometime in late April/beginning of May, and since then the headphones pairs with my phone (Samsung Galaxy s10+) and Macbook as usual, but after 30-40 seconds it plays a long, high pitched continuous "beep" before it shuts off on itself and restarts. It will sometimes pair with my devices, sometimes not, and usually it will deny playing my music, even though my mac/phone says it's playing music. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

NC 700 Error - Status LEDs blinking red and white

My first NC 700 pair had a faulty noise cancelling microphone. They asked for it back. They replaced it. Took about 2-3 weeks. It was alright then. I was still in a physical environment. Did not need headphones all that much. Now, my replacement NC 700 Headphones stopped working all of a sudden. It started blinking red/white. The Bose website, without even going to a live human support agent, said it would give me a replacement, once they receive it back. Great. Another 2-3 weeks (or more since shipping companies are all dealing with delays in this crisis). I had daily scheduled meetings that I was using this for! Why don't they ask for video proof, and just ship out a replacement and then ask me to ship it back?

Anyway, does anyone have any alternate solution for this? I already tried their "reset" option by plugging it in, and holding the power button. I desperately need this as a communication device. 

I really wish I had returned my first pair and bought something else the first time around. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Re: NC 700 Error - Status LEDs blinking red and white

Well, I looked around for a safe method. Only thing I could find is a warranty voiding procedure and I did that. I manually re-flashed the firmware using an unofficial method leading to my warranty being void. Great. It is working again though.

So, the problem could have been easily fixed if Bose gave us a true factory reset option or an official way to re-flash the firmware. I hope I don't run into any other issues again. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Same for me when connected to my Samsung Galaxy S9. This started with the latest firmware update. Never had this issue before.