Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones will not charge and will not turn on - Flashing red/white light when plugged

Brand new pair and same thing for me. Did you ever get them working?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Turns off instantly after turning on

I have the same issue.  Headphones are attempting to charge but don't seem to hold any charge.

From the app it says that it is charging the headphones and they are not available -so not sure how I can update the app.

Many thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Re: Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

Dear all,

I'm having the same red/whit blinking led issue since this morning after 3 months of daily use.

The reset procedure does not work.

Seen how many people has this issue I suggest to allow downgrading the firmware to the previous version or fastly update the new one since it is surely the cause of this big problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

I have the same issue. I have had my NC 700 for about a month and yesterday i got the red flash of doom. I am using the built-in cable. The problem started when trying to charge via my Lenovo laptop and i have since tried a number of chargers, all with the exact same result - nothing changes and it won't turn on/connect. I had it in the charger all night and still no result.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

NC-700 - how to prevent bricking/ red+white flash?

Hello,

My NC 700 got sent in for a replacement after the 'red/white flash' problem appeared. They are due back soon and I am wondering what I can do to prevent the problem from re-appearing. Is it related to firmware? Charger used? Cable?

Thanks!

Robert

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Re: NC-700 - how to prevent bricking/ red+white flash?

My advice?  When you get them back, if they're not on the latest firmware (1.4.12) DON'T install it.  That firmware seems to cause the problems.  If you're on something below that, or hopefully when Bose push an update, something after that, you should be fine.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

is somebody going to answer or do I need to get even more frustrated?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Bose 700 headphones red white led blinking after shutting down suddenly

I encountered this problem out of nowhere. The headphones just shut down for no apparent reason and refuse to on. It shows red and white led blinking.

Did a soft reset, firmware is most up to date. Nothing works.

Then i send it to BOSE authorised service centre in Singapore for troubleshooting.

Guess what, and this is the most frustrating part. They said that i have to wait for up to 3-4 weeks before i can get a replacement pair of headphones. This is ridiculous service especially when you paid such a high price for one the flagship models by bose.

I hope BOSE could do something about this. Get the service centre to stock up or borrow us a pair in the meantime. This is honestly the worst customer after-sales service ever.

It is fine if the product breaks down because as we all know there are always bugs in the software and some manufacturing hiccups. But this kind of after sales service is definitely unacceptable especially so for such a decently "high"-end product.

Just for comparison, i owned a platronics headphones and it was faulty after a few months too. The authorised service center did a 1 to 1 replacement the next day. That headphones is more than half the price of bose 700 headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones red white led blinking after shutting down suddenly

same issue here. Red/White blinking. 

@bose Tech Support: any advice?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones red white led blinking after shutting down suddenly

A lot of people are having this issue. It appears to be something with the new firmware update but no confirmation:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-NC-700-Red-White-blinking-LED-after-last...