Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify that our engineering team is currently investigating this issue and we are asking for customers who are experiencing a similar issue to complete a short survey to help us recreate the problem. This link will take you to the survey that will ask you a little more about your product and when you first noticed the issue. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Additionally, I wanted to confirm that although only a small percentage of users are experiencing these issues, we have decided to pause the ability to update to firmware 1.4.12 through both the app and the Bose Updater Tool until we have a better understanding of why issues are occurring.

We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to thank you for you patience.

We will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi @Anne_S 

Can you please give us the option to roll-back the update?

The amount of bugs plaguing this firmware is incredible.. It's really a pain to use the headphones with all the stuttering and other issues.. And it has been almost 2 months since the update and the issues were reported. It seriously doesn't make any sense for us to keep using the defective product for such a long period.. 

I know the engineering team is investigating the issue, but being a software engineer myself, I speak from experience that 2 months is really a long time to fix the issues. This is highly unprofessional behavior from @bose

Sylviablo
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

I'm glad to hear this is finally being addressed. I had the same issue a couple of weeks after updating the firmware, which unfortunately fixed the core functionality I needed so a rollback wouldn't even help me.

After hearing many reports of people with bricked headphones who received replacement sets with the same issue, or waited weeks with their headphones in limbo, honestly it almost seems worth it to void my warantee and do the unsupported rollback fix. But since I originally bought these headphones to use with Microsoft Teams, and with the previous firmware version they were only functional maybe 25% of the time for what I needed, I still wouldn't have the work headset I tried to buy in the first place.

So I'm stuck in limbo until there's a fix, they won't power on at all now, but if I fix them myself and get music function back, they won't work with Teams anymore.

User-c5da
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Agreed, roll it back, roll it back!

This product has been incredibly bug ridden.

1. Battery does not provide 20 hours of use, and does not accurately report amount of battery left. False advertising BOSE.

2. NC 700 does not connect in a useful way to multiple devices.   When connected to a PC to take VOIP you must disconnect from phone, and vice versa.   The latest firmware was supposed to fix this, but instead bricks the device.  False advertising BOSE.

3. NC 700 sound is underwhelming at best.   The latest firmware was supposed to provide an amplifier, but instead bricks the device. 

This is an Embarrassing Product for you BOSE.  You should take some pride and do the following:

1. Ship out new headphones to anyone with a valid serial number, reporting flashing red/white light. OR

2. Ship us a product that works from SONY, JBL or BEATS. OR

2. Refund  money, and get us off your products...

karatopia
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

So what do we do if this has happened? I literally have had mine two days, used them once, and now nothing but flashing red/white led after charging them. I'm SUPREMELY disappointed that I spent $380 on these! I guess I should've bought the Sony's my husband got - they have had ZERO issues!

RCNC
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED after last firmware update

Update:  I called Bose and they said they would replace the headphones if I mailed them in.  I said I need them every day.  The "solution" was to buy a new paie and return the ones I had for a refund.  The new pair worked about a week and now they are dead too with the same red / white issue.  And Bose never responded to my original post here.  Lame job Bose!

raimiza
Collaborator
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Currently best thing to do is to send them back and receive new pair. I'm expecting to receive my 3rd headset today. Now as Bose have disables update I hope they will work longer than 2 weeks. I would not suggest "downgrading" firmware as this may void warranty and we are "fixing" Bose problems.

DamasioNunes
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hi @Anne_S 

I'm having the same issue, and I'm trying to return the headphones. I'm from Portugal, how can I start the process the support sites only allow delivery on the corresponding country.

Thanks for the support.

Henry DLM
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

NC 700 suddenly stopped, then white and red lights keep blinking.

Yesterday, as I was watching a movie, the headphones suddenly stopped with the exit sound.
I had about 15 hours battery left. So i thought I may had switched off accidentally.

But since then, It just start and immediately stops, with a sound, and the red and white leds are blinking. Restart by plugging with power pressed does nothing.

I had not made any update manually.

caipivara
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Re: NC 700 suddenly stopped, then white and red lights keep blinking.

The update is still available in the bose music app from google now assistant.

It still let me update to this broken version, Im saying it because Bose Customer said that the update is paused, so it is not.