George L
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Re: NC 700 suddenly stopped, then white and red lights keep blinking.

Hi

My headset suddenly stopped working during a conference call meeting. I suddenly heard the switch off sound and then every time I try to turn it on it shows a white/red blinking light without properly turning on.

Please advise.

thanks

G

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Re: NC 700 suddenly stopped, then white and red lights keep blinking.

Hi @caipivara,

Thank you for your post and your report that the firmware update is still available via Google Now, which is not something we are aware of. So that we can look into this, could you please provide us with a bit more information? We would need to know what device you are using and where you are seeing this. It would be great if you could send us some screenshots as well.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Floyd0311
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED after last firmware update

Having the exact same issue. HELP. 

yioann
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Same problem here.

I bought the headset in Apr. 2020. The headset was updated to the latest firmware in May. I had been using them on daily basis until yesterday. While on an Ms Team call, the headset was turned off and since then, the blinking red/white led error is shown.

Can someone from Bose confirm that rolling back to 1.3.1 will void warranty? In any case, can someone from Bose provide guidelines how we can proceed, except from doing the questionnaire? The headset is basically now unusable.

patl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

Same issue here: Headphones suddenly died. They power off as soon as I power them on. Connecting to a charger gives the flashing red/white LED.

I filled out the survey in message 102 and started the exchange process.

Looks like Bose needs to hire better firmware engineers...

el_arcade
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Exact same behavior happened to me, I was using them normally and all of the sudden they disconnected and I couldn't make them work again. They had enough battery and were working perfectly for around 4 hours. 

What a disgrace that being one of the top wireless headphones this happens to many users.

Hope a new firmware update could be released soon. 

karatopia
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Good luck with the third pair! 

So I just had my second pair in less than a week become a $380 brick!!! I returned the first pair yesterday and decided to give them another chance because the rose gold limited edition ones are so pretty... Mistake! I set them up and plugged them in to charge. Now they won't even turn on. No red/white LED like the last pair, but not turning on at all. They won't connect to the App, then don't do anything! Unacceptable, Bose! I definitely didn't update the firmware on the second (at least not manually)!

I'm officially heading to return this POS and buy the Sony's my husband has - that DON'T give him any issues, or some Apple AirPods that actually work! I will also be telling all my friends and contacts NOT to buy Bose products. Looking at this thread, this issue has been going on for MONTHS and nothing has been resolved. This tells me either Bose doesn't care about the customers who pay way too much for their products, or that Bose just doesn't know how to fix it. Either way, very bad form for Bose!

jamesdastrippa
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

I just bought the Bose NC 700 because I heard they finally added the EQ.

But for some reason my headphones say they are fully updated even when using the updater application in the browser. 

The version of my headphones is still 1.3.1

How do I resolve this

raimiza
Collaborator
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I think that best advice right now is: Stay away from Firmware update 1.4.12 as it can (or will) "brick" your headphones. Until this is fixed you won't have access to EQ.

DamasioNunes
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hi