Etops
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

Same issue here. After the multi device disconnection with zoom/slack, we have a gigantic failed litteraly transforming the headset into a brick.

Do you even run QA tests before releasing such a piece of $ù*#!  ?

Will go directly to the apple store buy a pair of airpods pro to be able to continue to do my meetings remotely.

patl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

All devices with settings must have a hardware (not software) "reset to factory default" mechanism. Insert a paper clip and push, or hold down the power button for 20 seconds, or whatever.

Even PCs have a procedure to clear the CMOS settings. It might be a jumper on the motherboard, but it's there.

How can Bose not have any engineers aware of this basic design principle? Let me guess: You fired your senior designers and outsourced their roles to new college grads in Hyderabad and/or Shanghai?

Duke Silver
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 just turned into a brick after last firmware updated

Interestingly enough I got mine from Amazon Germany as well. They bricked within the first 10 days of use.

Tanny
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Bose headphones 700 flashing red and white light

My headphone is only 3 months old and I ran into an error- flashing red and white lights. And in this covid-19 situation, unable to get in touch with Bose support. Any recommendations?

mhichme
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Mine just went to the red/white flashing light. I have been unable to contact customer support.  It's like a circle of web clicks and asks you to keep entering serial number only to take you to another page that starts all over again.  For such an expensive product this is really a shame.

drrnmcdnld
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Re: Bose headphones 700 flashing red and white light

I connected with them via WhatsApp and immediately was sent a pre-paid mailing label.  I sent in my headphones and within 10 days I had a new pair.  Once my new pair arrived the firmware update was restricted to the version (1.3.1) below problematic update.

ChilledSamurai
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Bose NC 700 headphones - flashing red and white LED // BOSE Hardware or Software Issue

PRODUCT:

Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones (Black)

Date of Manufacture: Nov 1 2019

Purchased: January 2020 (Best Buy)

Music App Version: 3.4.1 (Ipad) & (iPhone)

Firmware Version:

1.3.1-2028+de73ce1

PROBLEM:

NC 700 Headphones as of a few days ago (July 14 2020 or so) started having the LED next to USB C charging port flash between RED & WHITE. After pressing the POWER button, this unfortunately only allows the headphones to remain ON for approximately 3-5 seconds before they immediately shutdown automatically. After several months of use, this is the 1st time I've experienced this and the  only solution or explanation was a page which only stated to CONTACT BOSE SUPPORT. I've tried using both laptop & wall mounted USB chargers with the same result - red/white flashing LED and will not let me turn the headphones ON for more than 5 seconds before they shut off. While using the official charging cable for the headphones, the flashing RED/WHITE light kept on going. Best Buy replaced my headphones, but concerned the exact same thing will happen if this is a software/firmware issue. 

Bose NC 700 - Headphone Status Indicators 

QUESTIONS:

1. Is this a firmware update issue?
  2. Can the firmware be downgraded to a working version similar to QC35s using the BTU website?
  3. What is the fix if the headphones shutoff immediately after turning ON
komatineni
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 headphones - flashing red and white LED // BOSE Hardware or Software Issue

After going through similar experience, here are my comments

1. Most likely (though Bose neither confirm nor deny through my formal support channel)

2. No. At least not in my case / officially supported mode

3. Call support and get it replaced (In my case it just took a month + couple of trips to authorised support centre) 

zenko
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

You update to latest 1.4.12? This release has buggy problems.

kkher
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Re: Bose headphones 700 flashing red and white light

I have just revived my new pair as i have the red and white blinking problem too. Was this update done through the Bose Music app? (im on android) as i have not installed the update yet. Its downloaded and ready to install. however i am unable to see what firmware it is before installing.