cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

Hey everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and provided us with information. I also want to thank you for your patience while we worked to address this issue.

Today we released firmware 1.5.1 to address the issue with red and white blinking lights. It will restore operability of the headset to all users impacted by red and white LEDs and allow any future red and white LEDs to be cleared by pressing the power button on the headset. Lastly, it will also build on the existing features originally released with v1.4.12. This version will be first made available to users who have already updated to 1.4.12. We will provide more information as to how members running versions of firmware prior to 1.4.12 can update to 1.5.1 or a firmware with the included features later, but felt it was important to release this fix to the customers most affected as soon as possible.   

To clarify, the red and white blinking LED status is meant to indicate that the NC700 has detected an error condition. The headset can enter this state with any firmware version. Even with firmware 1.5.1, it will still be possible for the headset to get into an error state. What firmware 1.5.1 does is provide the ability to clear the indicator if the error condition is no longer present.

If you are experiencing the red and white blinking LED indicator and are on firmware 1.4.12, you can update to firmware 1.5.1 at btu.bose.com. This should then allow you to press the power button to clear the indicator and resume using the headset. If you are on 1.4.12 and are not experiencing the red and white error, we recommend updating the firmware via the Bose Music App.

As I noted earlier, it is possible for a NC700 with any version of firmware to get into an error state where the LED indicator will blink red and white. If you are on a firmware besides 1.4.12 and cannot update to 1.5.1, you have the option to contact support at http://bose.life/globalsupport or wait for firmware 1.5.1 or similar update to become available to you.

Once more, thank you to everyone who was affected by the issue for your patience. We’re excited to be able to get members back to enjoying their headsets.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kristapshercs
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Thank you, Bose, for your hard work!

Just updated my headphones which suffered from the same red white blinking light issue. They are working again.

Thank you!

raimiza
Collaborator
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Finally we have a great news. But I'm bit afraid to update my headphones. 

david.hanna12
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Does that mean the battery life announcement and the stutter issues are fixed as well?

igchy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Battery life is not fixed for me, testing stuttering now, will report later.

grego33
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

This problem JUST happened to me about an hour ago.  Oddly enough I have a "ready to update" notification on my phone now, not sure when it appeared.  I'm suspicious now that the update to fix the red/white condition has caused me the red/white condition.  Someone from the 800 support number directed me to the btu.bose.com updater and after attempting that a few times I found this post.  I don't understand how the btu.bose.com updater is supposed to be able to work if the headphones are in a red/white error state?  As soon as I plug them in to a laptop or plain charger the flashing begins.  😠☠️

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Stutter is still here.

Vikaspcdt
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Run btu.bose.com on my laptop and connected the headphones to the laptop. Blinking issue is fixed for my headphones.

el_arcade
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Thanks for the great effort! I am updating now and hoping everything works well.

grego33
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Updater finally worked for me.  Not sure what was going on there.  Eighth time's the charm?