Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

Stuttering when connected to two devices is back. I swear I'm just about to give up on these things.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

update is not working with me. it stops at 1% and showing

"Uh oh...

Something happened and we couldn't finish the update. Try again later."

i tried this now like 5 times, each time the same result. ran bose updater even as administrator.

headphone is 2 months old, original usb cable attached (as always did).

please suggest a workaround to this.

many thanks, alex

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Stuttering is not resolved on 1.5.1-9303+d287f23

Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Quick clarification for everyone since I've seen a few people ask. The 1.5.1 did not include any updates to the open issues we have for Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices or the Reduced Battery Life Announcement. The latest updates on those threads are still true and we will continue to post updates to those threads as we have more information.

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

When I try to do the update through btu.bose.com to resolve the red/white LED blinking on 1.4.12 I just get the "uh oh... something happened.." message. I've tried different USB ports and cables, waiting between attempts, charging for an hour, with the same error every time.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

fruitsnax,

had the same problem. i just kept the headphones connected, went away from my desk. after 30min, i came back, tried to switch on the headphones and they worked well again for some reason. might be, that the firmware update was performed although this error message showed up before.

being an embedded software engineer myself, some stuff what happened in the last weeks does not really speak for the software quality of bose or their subcontractors. first, the really long investigation (i assume, some of the involved developers for 1.4.12 were not available anymore?), no availability of some recovery mode or hard reset, the explanation/the error itself (headphones persist in error state even if the headphones are resetted, really? what kind of headphone diagnosis will be stored in NVM, resulting in setting straight to error state after start-up? issues with battery management?), no possibility to downgrade the firmware, some other issues (which are not solved yet), issues while rolling out the workaround,... just doing some philosophy, i'll stop now.

hope you'll have a constructive LL after that.

have a nice time, alex

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Wow, thank you so much. That worked.

It's honestly embarrassing for a company selling premium products to be releasing software in such a state. I don't even understand why they need to do firmware updates for a pair of headphones instead of just getting it right prior to release.

Thanks again though, Boseblanc. You saved me a lot of time.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

After a few hours where the btu.bose.com website wasnt recognizing my headphones and wouldn't start the updater (no error messages, no popups) I was finally able to update mine by using the power cable from my Pixel, i.e. a USB-C to USB-C cable. Luckily my laptop has a type c port.

They did power on after the update, but the battery was critical so I'll find out later if they actually work now. At least the update did install.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Updated and now my headpones will no longer connect to my computer. When i try to find a new device only the LE version of my headphones connect, but the connection fails anyways. Also, under sources on the Bose Music app, it is blank, nothing is coming up. Uninstalled and reinstalled same thing. Trash.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Worked on like the 5th or 6th time for me.