madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

@Wayne_M,

Regarding your clarification that the 1.5.1 did not include any updates to the open issues such as stuttering and reduced battery life, If I haven't red/white blinking problem, can I just skip this update?

If that doesn't help with the problems above, my conclusion is I don't need it is that right?
It's forced update?

Thanks

remingtonsummerduck
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED - UPDATE 7/30- 1.5.1 discussion

I'm in the same boat - will those of us still on 1.3.1 be able to upgrade directly to 1.5.1?  Right now the firmware update says I'm on the most recent version (1.3.1). 

I've only had these a couple of weeks, but the constant clicking during playback (and even sometimes when nothing is playing!) will quite possibly drive me insane.

fGccYM
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

@Wayne_M

Thank you very much for the in-depth description of what caused the problem. I was curious about it, so the detail was appreciated. I just got my replacement headphones, and now I have more confidence that the issue won't reappear.

Han.F
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Hi I’m having the same issue with my new headset.

How do we update firmware?

cyrusferns
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I had the same issue back in May and the service center fixed the issue by reinstalling the software. The issue started back again on 29th July and to my luck we have an update released the next day. The update fixed the issue right away with the new 1.5... update. Thank you.

Vikaspcdt
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

@Han.F If you are experiencing the red and white blinking LED indicator, Go To :  btu.bose.com. Downlaod the .exe on to your laptop. Run the tool as an administrator. Connect your Bose headphones to the laptop's USB port using the Bose original USB connector charging wire. Wait for few minutes and power on the headphones and Headphones work as-is. Hope this helps you ! All the Best !!

adaml
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

I'm getting to the end of my tether with these NC700. 

I updated my previous pair to 1.4.12 and thought "Wonderful, finally I have an EQ and the sound quality I was expecting from Bose." Having had the 700's since release last summer. 

They lasted a couple of days then I got the red/white blinking. Bose, thankfully, sent me a replacement pair. However, I've gone to btu.bose.com to update them to get the EQ back, and this pair cannot be updated from 1.3.1. The page suggests this is the most recent firmware. 

I'm also getting an unbelievable amount of crackling when paired with bluetooth on a Windows 10 PC. For a £300+ product, this is incredibly unacceptable. 

Annoyed of England. 

JKtheDovahkiiin
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED - UPDATE 7/30- 1.5.1 discussion

Hi.

I have installed firmware update 1.5.1 and it has unbricked my Bose NC 700! Yay!!!

But the issue of shutter when connected to multiple devices still remains.

Can you please fix this?

twweng
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

I have the same problem. Can't update the firmware from version 1.3.1, is that suggests 1.5.1 version is still unstable?

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Quote from post no.211:  "This version will be first made available to users who have already updated to 1.4.12. We will provide more information as to how members running versions of firmware prior to 1.4.12 can update to 1.5.1 or a firmware with the included features later, but felt it was important to release this fix to the customers most affected as soon as possible.   "

They're only pushing it to people on 1.4.12.  You're not using 1.4.12 - and the same is true for me - so it's a matter of waiting until they make it available to us.