lawrencelyl
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

I just want to resolve the annoying/unbearable/unacceptable microphone dropping out in the middle of a call.  It happens all the time, a few minutes after starting a call.

I'm hoping that the new firmware will help.  Since I'm still on firmware 1.3.1, looks like there is still no option to update to 1.5.1 ☹️

janauk
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I updated to 1.5.1 in order to restore the blinking. But I noticed that the battery capacity dropped from 17 hours to 15 hours. So I am going to use the headphones until the battery is empty and then recharge. See what happens!

Vikash
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

My headphones are still running on firmware 1.3.1 ,and I am unable to update it through app or pc , have you paused it for all or am I the only one facing this problem. 

Schenso
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

I have exactly the same. Cant update and it says 1.3.1 is the newest version.

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

To everyone on version 1.3.1 who is complaining that you can't update...

When the new 1.5 update was released Bose stated in this thread that it was ONLY being pushed to users who were on 1.4.x and were affected by the blinking red & white LED problem.  If you are on 1.3.1 the update isn't available to yet, but be patient and it will eventually reach a wider audience.

To everyone on the 1.5 update complaining about the battery life and stutter when connected to multiple devices...

Again, when 1.5 was released, Bose stated in this thread that its purpose was to make your headphones work again, fixing the reboot / red & white light issue.  The 1.5 update does NOT address the battery life bug or the stuttering issue, and Bose stated that when the update was released.  A later update will address those issues.

Brendan1979
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Sorry but I disagree with anyone saying just be patient. We all bought a premium pair of headphones at a premium price. If there is an issue with the firmware get the best people on it, or make it open source and let the clients fix the issues that Bose are creating. What is even more irratating is the fact that they release new versions off the app but in some cases the headphones are pretty much useless. What are these guys gonna use the app for, " controlling their garage door". And yes I know the guys working on teh app and the firmware guys have different skills. It is sarcastic for those who are gonna mention that.

Now that the Sony XM4 are released I wonder it a switch is not maybe a good option.

GaneshKumar
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

I agree. I paid $300 for these headphones and now they are just sitting here like a paperweight. Please release the 1.5 patch so I can actually use my headphones and get what I paid for.

Bose devs please fix this issue ASAP

Jayoh
Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Does 1.5.1 fix the battery announcement issues? What about the stutter? Is the EQ still available? 

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Jayoh,

No, 1.5.1 had only to fix red/white blinking LED. After update from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1, I have EQ.

smitpatel1993
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

How did you update your firmware? I could not update firmware for my headphone after some progress it gives me some error.