egeek84
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

Exactly we paid a lot of money for these I want the latest firmware that addresses issues not to sit here and wait for months on end with old and outdated firmware.  

- Edited by moderator 

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I'd love an updated firmware too, but my point was that this update has been issued to fix the headphones that were broken by the 1.4 firmware, so that the affected users can use their devices once more.  If you're on 1.3 (as I am too) our headphones still work - yes, they might stutter when connected to multiple devices, and no we don't have the equaliser, but our headphones work, unlike those on 1.4.

Yes, there will be more updates which will fix the battery life announcement and the stuttering, and they will come to all of us, but for now, the priority is to get those people whose headphones became paperweights due to what seems to have been a badly tested firmware update back up and running.  I'm sorry if you object to being patient, but hopefully you can understand where the priority lies at the moment.  

patl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

What I am starting to understand is that it was a mistake to purchase these.

david.pate
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED - UPDATE 7/30- 1.5.1 discussion

So far I have had three pairs of NC700 headphones. All three have failed exactly the same way. I no longer want a replacement, I want my money back. The third pair didn't even last a full week.

This is clearly a defective product and needs to be removed from sale. I am tempted never to buy Bose ever again.

What use is a 4th replacement going to be? How long will it last? A day?

It is a shame because when these headphones are working they are fantastic. Unfortunately, I also need reliability and these just don't do it.

Instead of telling me how to get them replaced (I'm already very familiar with this process) tell me how I can get my money back? I want to try Sony instead.

david.pate
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

After reading here about updating the bios I got all excited and ran the update. Didn't change a thing. I still have red and white flashing lights. I am bitterly disappointed in this product.

fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 just turned into a brick after last firmware updated

I've finally managed to get rid of ALL the bose 700 issues. And the solution is really easy. Just asked for a refund on Amazon. I'll go for the sony wh-1000xm4. Worse Mics, better at every other thing. Thank you so much to moderators and users for your support in this community. Finally, I am able to listen to music without stutter, to have a full week battery, to not hear my keyboard while typing... Please bose.. fix those things that made you change since last year, you can be better. I will be happy to return to bose when things get better. THANK YOU ALL.

david.pate
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

I just got off a call with customer service. Apparently this (Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED) isn't an issue and they were surprised to hear about it. Firmware 1.5.1 was just to resolve the reduced battery life reporting.

I guess I imagined the whole thing; my headphones didn't suddenly lose power despite being fully charged, and didn't switch themselves off, and didn't flash red and white... It was all in my head. Good to know the NC 700 doesn't have a serious manufacturing flaw. I'll gladly have my broken pairs back, now that I have been reassured there is nothing wrong.

Ankush Gupta
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

I have the same problem of red am white light blinking and head set is not getting connects . Any solutions ???

Luxan
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Well after more than year since shelling out $400 for a supposedly-then top of the line noise canceling headphones, the headphones are finally usable. Not top-of-the-line, but just grateful that it is finally usable. That is, no stuttering no red/white blinking.

Bose seriously? it took you more than a year to make your flagship headphones usable? I guess your customer base should be grateful, the QC30s were never made usable. Until this day, you still cannot use them to communicate. 

abdullah25
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

a refund on Amazon. I'll go for the sony wh-1000xm4.