Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: How To Factory Reset 700 NC Headphone?

Hi my headphones are flashing red & white on charge - they won’t turn on when off charge. I’ve used the correct cord. I have only just opened the box - they are brand new 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED - UPDATE 7/30- 1.5.1 discussion

My bose nose700 doesn't turn on the sound and it has a red bulb and everything I call it is disconnected.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I just bought my headphones and they are already bricked. This is just pathetic experience and I cant even upgrade to 1.5.1. I am on 1.3.1. 

To return the package I have to go to amazon Australia Post and add a new label. 😞 In India, It is just about returning the product to a person who will pickup the order.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

Hello,

For my part, I bought the headphones 700 at the beginning of July. The firmware version installed was 1.3.1. I never had the problem of red / white blinking because it is impossible for me to make any updates. However, I would like to know when will I be able to have version 1.5.1? Why do I want this version? This is because I have all the bugs that version 1.4.12 fixed.

Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Re: NC 700 - Blinking red and white

Hello, I am new to the community.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for the incredible information and help regarding all kinds of troubleshooting.

Product: Headphone CN700

Unfortunately, I have a combo of issues:

- When I bought my Bose headphone CN700 I didn't register the product straight away and now I lost the serial number.
- I cannot connect to the bose music app because my headphone is not able to connect it anymore. It turns off immediately.
- I am experiencing the terrible ERROR - red/white blinking LED. I called the support and they told me to do the updater.
So I downloaded the software on my computer for the updater and it doesn't open.

My headphone is useless. What shall I do?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

NC700 headphones new and came with red and white led error

I have some NC700 headphones and they are practically new, from the moment I tried to turn them on with the bluethoot button nothing happened. Later, I thought they had a low battery and I connected them for charging and turned on a white and red led that does not allow me to turn on either. finally I tried to reset with the button 10 seconds and nothing, also pressing the button when connecting to the pc and neither, finally the update from BTU, if it detects the update to Version 1.3.1 but almost at the end it sends the error "low battery it is necessary to charge the device "but it has been connected for hours and nothing.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

To start, I want to thank everyone for their continued patience as we worked on the issue with the red and white blinking lights.

Today we released firmware 1.7.0 which makes the fix for the red and white blinking lights issue available to everyone, not just those on 1.4.12. It also reintroduces the features added in 1.4.12 to all users, reduces instances where the battery is not announced as full, and improves Bluetooth connection reliability. You can read the release notes here.

We thank you once more for your patience and hope you enjoy the new firmware!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Thank you. Exactly my case in point. Bose NC700 with an EQ can still stand up against the XM4, especially those looking for a more natural sound. Without it, the XM4 will beat them for most people's ears. I've just checked again, a month later, still no firmware update to enable the EQ.

Bose, I'm still rooting for you. Please sort this out. I have a review going out in a couple of days that mentions this point and I would love to announce the firmware update is finally here.

I have heard reports of some people being able to update their headphones. I'm guessing that's newly manufactured models. Is that a mistake and they're going to brick their headphones if they upgrade?

Update: I've just seen that 1.7 has been released. It's not showing for me. Let me try the btu update. Scratch that, it didn't specifically say there was an update but the app is now saying: "Transferring Update" after I opened it again. (iPhone)

Another update literally two minutes later:

Transfer was quick requiring a quick restart of the headphones and I now have an EQ! Thank you! **bleep** it now I need to do another audio comparison!

Other features that would be nice: (Any other suggestions?)

Speak to chat / voice detection that automatically pauses and activates passthrough would be a great feature and a slap in the face for Sony's XM4 where this feature is one of the most highly praised. (They also have the pause on removal, not sure if you could implement that using the accelerometers perhaps). No rush though! We don't need this fiasco again!

One last thing for now: Another person mentioned the audio notifications being too loud - turning on/off plus connection/disconnection. I have to agree, plus once you've adjusted the bass in the equalizer the "on" sound sounds terrible! Not what you want to hear each time you turn them on!

Another thing for now, sorry! Bose, congratulations. They really sound fantastic! I was so torn between the XM4 and the Bose (I have both). The XM4 headband is ever so slightly too big for my slightly small head but that wasn't enough to stop me choosing the XM4. With this EQ update I'm glad to say there's no question, the NC700 over the XM4, especially given the price difference. You made it just in time for my review!