david.pate
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED - UPDATE 7/30- 1.5.1 discussion

@Ankush Gupta 

The only thing I have been able to do is send them back for replacement.

There have been two suggested solutions, neither worked for me.

1. Hold the power button down and then plug in the charger cable, as soon as the blue led flashes, release the power button (this did nothing for me).

2. Update the firmware (this did nothing for me).

Good luck.

David W
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@david.pate wrote:

I just got off a call with customer service. Apparently this (Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED) isn't an issue and they were surprised to hear about it. Firmware 1.5.1 was just to resolve the reduced battery life reporting.

I guess I imagined the whole thing; my headphones didn't suddenly lose power despite being fully charged, and didn't switch themselves off, and didn't flash red and white... It was all in my head. Good to know the NC 700 doesn't have a serious manufacturing flaw. I'll gladly have my broken pairs back, now that I have been reassured there is nothing wrong.

Sorry if this has been addressed but I gave up on this forum since Bose never really give any answers here. 

Judging by the response you received above, the erroneous battery life report should be fixed - is that the case for the community here? I got the issue some firmware back when my pair started to report a maximum of 17 hours when fully charged, after 1.5.1 I'm down to some 14+ hours. I didn't think too much of it since I guessed the fix was for the LED issue, but apparently the battery reporting issue should be fixed now?

Bose customer support is the best when you call them but they are just terrible at informing the wider community via their site and even this forum.

janauk
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

With the firmware update the Red/White blinking problem was solved for me.

So I used the NC 700 till the battery was empty, that is to say till about 9 minutes was left.

Then I started charging. The the Bose Music app (3.5.5) indicated that the headphones started from 3 hours! So not from 0 hours, what you may expect.

Then the headphones were charging till 16 hours and 11 minutes. Then charging stopped.

moshe121
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

I have bose 700 and I couldn't see any update in the computer or bose music app can you help me with this ?

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@moshe121,

What versions of firmware and music app you have?

janauk
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Firmware 1.5.1 is solves the urgent Red/White blinking problem. Battery problems are being solved later. 

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@janauk,

'Battery problems are being solved later.'

You are an optimist, that's good 🙃
I am trying to believe it for the last few months too...

Lammiwinks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Had mine go into a reboot loop today. Kept making a loud buzzing sound then crashing, would turn back on BZZZZZ then crash.

Had to plug it in to the power for a bit...to reset it.

Seriously bad firmware since March. FFS. 

David W
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@janauk wrote:

Firmware 1.5.1 is solves the urgent Red/White blinking problem. Battery problems are being solved later. 

Any official word on this somewhere - I'm getting lost searching this forum.

smith108
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I did the same; solves every frustration...

Bye Bose