usman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

How did you get your headphone to work with firmware update. mine keep blinking red and white even when connected to pc. the firmware software won't recognize the headphones.  :'/

T4H9
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

All problems started suddenly when headphones were turned on, but idle on table. I picked them up and noticed that it was silent. I started recharging but was suspicious since headset just had 17 hours time left. Then I noticed the red-white blinking and that nothing works. Headset tries to start but wont stay on and blinks red-white while being charged. Trying different cables or chargers makes no difference.

By trying trying to power on the headset for several times, I sometimes can get my tablet and Bose Music app connected, and by quickly opening NC700 settings, I can see that headphones are maybe trying to update firmware before headset shuts down again. There was a small round pie icon indicating update process(?).

I can't downgrade cause I am on linux and android environments, and apparently downgrading firmware tool is only available for windows and mac. Does anyone have any other successions or advise?

Android Bose Music is v3.4.1. Headset firmware is 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd.

smith108
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Noice cancellation definitely did detoriarate...

When wearing the NC 700, I now hear my colleague typing. That was never the case, at least not so loud as I hear it now.

remartens
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

@smith108 this can be 2 things...

• The Noise Cancellation level is on a lower level and you have to increase it in the app or using the button on the left ear-shell.
  • The Self-Voice level is set to High. You can change this in the app.
fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@remartens self voice is only activated during calls so this should not be a problem. I have the NC at level 10 and even with that level, I hear myself typing and conversations on my surroundings. 

This did not happen with the 1.3.x firmware. and I'm not the only one reporting this issue so I don't think it is a configuration problem.

smith108
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

@remartens

NC is set to 10 and self voice level is only active during a call.

When I say NC is deteriorated I mean NC during playing music, not during a call.

FW 1.3 was really better at NC point

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

jwachtel
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

This happens to me while using 1.3.1.  It appears as if the software believes I am on a call when I am not.  You can confirm this by going into your settings and turning your self voice to off.  I am also experiencing disconnect issues which should have been solved by 1.5.1 which I cannot download.

jasonm1
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Thought I had bricked my 700's, flashing red and white, as soon as it turns on shuts off, tried to update but nothing happens, tried a few different chrger cables and it finally worked, updated to 1.5, all good  so far, minus the battery issue ( only getting 16 hours). Expected more from Bose but have to admit I love these when theyre working, miss them when they're not. 

jwachtel
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Like many have commented, I have been an avid supporter of Bose for 10+ years.  Within the last two weeks, after quite a bit of abuse, my Quiet Comfort 25's broke.  I thought it would be a great time to upgrade to the latest version of QC's.  I was quickly disappointed with the constant dropped connection from my phone each time I had a call on my PC.  I thought I would then try the NC 700.  They have to be better, right?  Unfortunately, they are plagued with the same issues, if not worse.  I contacted customer support, who wanted to send me a replacement pair of headphones, even though this was a firmware issue.  I am at least fortunate enough to be within the return window of these headphones.  They are both going back and and I will be purchasing the Sony 1000XM4's when they are released.  I will let everyone know how they work in case you were thinking the same thing.