Pipe_corey
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

How you download the firmware to the headset?

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Pipe_corey,

I understand you're asking how to update NC 700 headphones:

how to update bose 700 headphones 

Updating your headphones 

sentiensx
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

NC 700 Garbage completely disappointed

Been fighting with the nc 700's for a year desperately trying to salvage the expensive purchase. 

I believe the issues are around poor implementation of bluetooth standards. They dont connect/disconnect properly. Sound quality on calls often gets garbled causing me to switch to the iphone. When they are disconnected they randomly reconnect to my iphone causing the call audio to disappear from the handset. 

Noise cancelling is not nearly as good as expected. my old quiet comforts seem better.

no one cares about AR audio.

Now they are flashing red/white and I cant update them with the phone app and the btu.bose.com site wont load so they are a paper weight until one is resolved. 

I am so upset to have spent money on these.

Vodka
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Went to the Support website trying to get information on the white/red blinking issue, instead of being suggested to update the firmware through the USB cable the first thing the site told me was "out of warranty, please buy an upgrade here." - Thankfully Google and other-people-on-social-media came to the rescue.

It appears updating the firmware from 1.4 to 1.7 has resolved the issue, but I remain disappointed that the support site did not call out what appears to be a well-known issue with the headset that can possibly be remedied with a simple fix, and instead tried to get me to spend more money as a remedy.

Randy Finch
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

Stuttering problem with Bose NC 700 on PC

I have used my Bose NC 700 earphones on my Windows 10 PC for over a year. Recently, they began having stuttering problems. The stuttering occurs both when connected solely to the PC and when connected to both the PC and my iPhone. They still work with my iPhone even when connected to two devices. I recently performed a major update to Windows 10, so that may have caused the issue, but I don't know how to fix it. I have installed Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.685. I have a Targus USB Bluetooth dongle.

I have attached a couple of screen shots from my iPhone showing the Bose Music app version and the earphones' firmware version. Two shots are from my PC showing the Bluetooth driver version and the Bose version. When I check for updates, I am told I have the latest best versions. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2020-12-20 111509.jpgScreenshot 2020-12-20 111615.jpgIMG_3239.PNGIMG_3238.PNG

Randy Finch
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

Re: Stuttering problem with Bose NC 700 on PC

Well, I got the Bose NC 700 earphones working on my PC. Rather than try to update the Bluetooth driver, I went into Programs and Features and found the driver and uninstalled it. Then when I rebooted, the computer rebuilt the Bluetooth driver itself. Upon testing the earphones, they are now working with System Sounds as well as iTunes. Hallelujah!

nico1234
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

BOSE700 First blinking red/white, then completely dead

Bose 700 headphones (white edition)

Switzerland

I have been using my Headphones without problems. Left them charging for the night (official charger, on the wall), then in the morning they were not turning on (turn-on sound, and immediately turn-off sound), with red/white blinking. After trying a reset, they stopped working (no blinking, no sound, no signs of life) alltogether. After a bit of playing with the buttons, red/white blinking again. Trying to reset the headphones, or changing the charger won't change the situation. The headphones are not recognised (by 3 different computers) when trying to update the firmware. Is there something else I can do? The support system on whatsapp is not responsive at all, and on the phone I'm not reaching anyone. Seems quite ridiculous for a pair of 400$ headphones that I bought for working and would have really needed today..... i don't think I would recommend Bose in the future to anyone asking to be honest.

taychenpeng@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Re: Bose NC700 just turned into a brick after last firmware updated

hi, thank you for the link. I reached the Luxembourg website and following the contact us details on this page, I am unable to reach anyone https://www.bose.lu/fr_lu/contact_us.html

seems like the contact details are no longer working.