Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED after last firmware update

My Bose NC 700 stopped working even though it has ample battery and the weird thing in noticed is the led is blinking red and white. I have tried to hold on to the ON button wile connected to a laptop. any help is appreciated.

105 REPLIES 105
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Bose NC700 just turned into a brick after last firmware updated

My Bose NC700 just turned into an expensive stainless steel brick after lasted firmware updated.

- LED just keep blinking white/red, even I plugging an official USB-C cable.

- I tried to it turn-on but it suddenly turn-off.

I cannot press any reset button.

What should I do?

Highlighted

Re: Bose NC700 just turned into a brick after last firmware updated

Hello, 

We are very sorry to hear that you have had this experience. 

Please reach out to your local Bose technical support team for further assistance with this. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Same thing happened to me this morning, just sent it in for replacement. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Hi aarongue6,

I am really sorry to hear that.

I am still waiting for a reply from support team (Japan).
They stated on Website that they don't accept any repair/replacement due to COVID19 at this moment.

Sad.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

Same as the subject. It's a couple of months old and suddenly the connection dropped, and I thought it's flat. But when I plugged in the cable, the led started blinking red and white. After an hour or so I still couldn't power it on, and pressing the power/Bluetooth button ends in the same blinking red and white before it's off. 

Appreciate any help as bose support doesn't appear to be existing in Singapore. 

Highlighted

Re: Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear this. 

Can you confirm if this is the Soundbar or the headphones just so we can provide you with the most accurate information? 
Have you tried any troubleshooting at all?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700: Red and white lights blinking. Not able to use it.

Dear all, 

I have the same problem and have this headphone for just 1 week. What can I do to resolve this?

Please note that I am very dissapointed about the quality of the product since it is already showing malfunctions after 1 week.

Best,

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

When the power button is pressed on the 700 headphones, the power on sound is heard and it turns off immediately because it emits the power off sound. This is occurring when every time I attempt to turn the bluetooth headphones on. Ive had the Bose NCH 700 for about 3 months, but I cant use it anymore. I've charged it via PC and from the wall (~2hrs using a phone charger), it might be a battery issue. The light blinks red and white while the headphones turn on and off, and while its charging. It seems like its dead/ unusable; need a replacement from Bose.

EDIT: according to the article https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/article/headphone-status-indicators-headphone.html, blinking white & red, contact bose support.  
There's a thread on 'factory' resetting the headphones, that doesnt seem to work (https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/How-To-Factory-Reset-700-NC-Headphone/td-p/22...)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700 turns off immediately after turning on

I am also having a similar issue, I made a post about it yesterday but there has been no answer so far. I feel like we may not get one until monday