Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Static In One Ear When Powered On

Yup,

Just came back to my headphones sitting on my desk making the static noise in the right ear cup. This is really frustrating less than 2 months old. I loved these headphones, and with so many people having issues I may just go for a return and go with something else if Bose doesn't respond with a fix soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Got my replacement.

I sent it in and got a new headset in less then a week. It seems to work ok for now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Bought two pairs as I bought my first pair of 700s in Sweden and I am now in Japan so I bought my second set here because the first set has an incredibly loud static noise from the left ear and I can't really use the swedish warranty here in Japan.

So, I bought a new pair. Figured it was probably just really unlucky to get a bad set.

The second set was not even set up on my laptop, I hadn't even charged them yet, just using the 2h charge already on the set before I heard a click in the left ear and then it had the same issue with noise in the left ear.

This is not OK, it's not a case of a bad set or 2, this is a major design flaw. I would expect this kind of quality from a $15 Chineese headset, using the cheapest components they can find, not Bose. This product should have been recalled and fixed before going back on the market. It's not fit for retail.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

I currently have the exact same issue and after ringing Bose today they told me they never heard of this issue!!!

However they did tell me the would inform the software engineer so for now I am without a solution. I am trying something though. So as many others in this forum I tried the standard reset procedure and this didn't fix the issue so I have decided to try draining the battery down to 0% and then fully recharging them to 100%. I only just got my set a few days ago and this only occurred after updating them. So I have not yet fully drained the battery so I will do this then fully recharge them. I will let you know if this fixes the issue for me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

I no longer have to drain the battery of my headphones because magically they've began working fine again. Strange. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Same issue here on new Bose NC 700. When you turn on the headset a static noise appears. The lower you turn the noise cancellation the louder the static gets. Disconnecting all devices does not fix it (headset reports bluetooth off). This started after I connected to Windows and/or I updated the firmware.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

The same thing is happening to me as well - static in the left ear cup. Firmware has been checked, they are very well taken care of. Always in the case, charged when needed. I've used them maybe 10 times since I purchased them. This is quite disappointing. This is clearly a flaw with these headphones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

Hi guys

After looking for a solution for the static noise just realised the problem is on ambient noise detection from the mic. If you use a air blower or air can or blow carefully inside bottom hole of the left cup it disappears. Tried this in 2 NC700's and it solved the problem 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Thank you, this worked for me, I was worried that I would have to send them back as I have only had them a few days but this seems to have solved the issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

I am experiencing the same static sound on these headphones. I have also tried resetting, connecting to various devices with bluetooth, the whole nine yards, and same issue has persisted for the last 3 months... sucks to have purchased a $400 pair of headphones for the wiring to be this faulty!