rajatch
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Bose NC 700: Stopping and customizing Battery Low Callouts [with voice prompts already disabled]

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have two main problems with my Bose NC700's Battery Low Notifications

1. The notification comes twice at a 10-15 gap and it blocks the audio in meetings for 5-10 seconds. "Battery low please charge" and after 10 minutes or so "Battery critically low, please charge immediately". The timing of this message is so wrong, and it always pops up when I am in a meeting with my whole team. And I miss out on what people said, for 5-10 seconds. 
  2. I am not given an option to set the frequency of this notification. It comes so close to when the battery is about to die, that I can't plan charging the headset before starting a meeting. I'd love an option to set the timing of this reminder, such that it is fired when the battery is 15% left. So that even If I forgot to charge it, I can complete the current meeting and then put it on charge. 

Note: I have disabled Voice Prompts already, so this battery-low notification doesn't shut up.

Bose product name

Bose NC 700:

Country

USA

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+eOf7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

One Plus 7T

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Meetings

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

From the beginning the issue exists. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

No option found in the app. Happens even if Voice Prompts are disabled. 

1 REPLY 1
boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700: Stopping and customizing Battery Low Callouts [with voice prompts already disabled]

This issue brings up another missing fundamental basic functionality that the NC700 should have from the very beginning since the design phase of this headset, i.e. to be able to use the headset while its charging.