Andrew F
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Bose NC 700 UC - Won't unmute after muting

Bose NC 700 UC

UK

Teams / Zoom

iPhone 12 Mini / iPad Pro (both iOS 14.4)

Using Teams/Zoom. When using the in app mute option, when then un-muting, I can't be heard as the microphone isn't active.

Occurring in a quiet home environment

2 weeks ago when purchased

Ensured everything up to date

Reset headphones

cleared Bluetooth devices

Issue still occurs

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 UC - Won't unmute after muting

Hi Andrew F,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As you mentioned that you are using the in-app mute option, does the same thing happen if you mute the microphone from the headphones? To mute the mic from the headphones, press and release the Voice Assistant button while on a call. This method of muting may not work with all VoIP calling apps on all devices, but it is worth testing to see if you get the same behavior.

Also, if you make a call using Zoom or Teams on your devices without your headphones, does the muting/unmuting option in the app work correctly?

The troubleshooting you have been trying so far is great, making sure everything is up to date, resetting the headphones, and clearing the pairing list are all great steps to try. I would also recommend rebooting the iPhone and iPad as well to see if there is any change to how the unmuting works.

Let me know how this testing goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Andrew F
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Hi

I can confirm that using the voice assistant mute button from the headphones it does nothing. The mute option works without issue without headphones. It also works perfectly fine with other headphones but with the Bose headphones it doesn't work.

I'm guessing from other chats this is a known issue?

regards

Andrew

fematt
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

I had a Win machine up to last week and couldn't solve the problem by rebooting the headset (as suggested in multiple threads).

Now I switched to a Mac with Catalina (10.15.7) and after pairing, rebooting, and re-pairing, it works perfectly and consistently.

Often while un-muting it opens up the "Music" app but it remains in the background and doesn't bother me too much.

Andrew F
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Buying a mac to get some headphones to work isn't a viable option, especially as macs are overpriced for what you get, they look nice though.