danielivce
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

Just got the new NC 700 and can’t seem to update tge firmware. In the bose music app tge update just fails over and over again. Here and there the app itself will even refuse to acknowledge that the headphones exist. I’m using an iPhone 6s Plus btw and I’m using iOS 12.3.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

Author Accepted Answer selected by danielivce

Hello Danielivce,

Welcome to the community, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues updating your new Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. We would love to get this resolved for you!

To update your headphones, you can alternatively connect your headphones to your computer via USB and visit this link this website will provide you with instructions on how to update your headset. If the updater fails or gets stuck during the update process, check to see if any anti-virus software, firewall settings, or ad-blocking software is blocking or restricting the Bose Updater app. 

Please let us know if this provides any improvements.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by danielivce

Hello Danielivce,

Welcome to the community, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues updating your new Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. We would love to get this resolved for you!

To update your headphones, you can alternatively connect your headphones to your computer via USB and visit this link this website will provide you with instructions on how to update your headset. If the updater fails or gets stuck during the update process, check to see if any anti-virus software, firewall settings, or ad-blocking software is blocking or restricting the Bose Updater app. 

Please let us know if this provides any improvements.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

danielivce
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Thank you so much for the link to the alternative updater. It worked! I now just hope that the issues between the bose music app and the NC 700 are resolved soon. (Connecting issues, updating issues, etc)
Theduder
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Same exact thing here. iPhone X iOS 12.3.1.

These feel awfully buggy. Such a premium price too. First Bose for me, hoping I don’t regret it.

Hector_B

Hi Theduder, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Have you attempted to update your headphones via the manual updater? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RollingSevens
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Why is this not fixed yet?  

Hector_B

Hi RollingSevens, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

Are you also experiencing this issue? If so have you attempted the steps that are suggested above? 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PaulBemelmans
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

You keep pushing people to the alternative method. If you offer the update-firmware functionality in the iPhone app, it ought to work. How about it?

bose_user_98572819
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Furthermore, the manual update that we are being referred to does not work with Safari. I was asked to install an alternative browser, which I did not appreciate. By the way, I am doing the firmware update not only because it is generally a good idea, but more urgently, I am experiencing charging problems. Hopefully, that problem will go away with the firmware update, but it is not clear if this will be case based on comments by others under the relevant discussion. This is a flagship product from a premium manufacturer. I expect everything to work flawlessly. 

Josue Phillips
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

I am very disappointed, I just bought my brand new Bose 700 and since the moment I bought them I have gotten sound issues, calls breaking up, the quality and the NC is not the same in comparison with the headphones in exhibition in several stores where I tried them out. I was hoping the software update would fix some of the issues, but in this case I cannot install the latest firmware, I tried to do it through the app, then installed the updater in my computer and ran it, but it doesn't work in Safari, I tried installing Firefox and Google Chrome and I get the exact same error with both browsers.

I need the headphones for work, it's one of my essential work tools, and I'm very frustrated that this product is not working as expected, and I can assure you that the NC is not the same as the one in the stores, my kids are next to me and I can hear them, even when the NC is at 10.