Rishi1279
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

This update takes nearly 8-10 hours, pls try again. It’ll work. It’s slow.... 

Shoaib Ahmed
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Firmware Updater page does not even after selecting product Bose 700 headphones.

Please suggest, what should I try.

I attempted with different browsers as well as different cables to connect headphones to laptop.

MzGreen
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

It took me nearly an hour to finish the update. But after that everything works perfectly.

Rishi1279
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

It'll update the firmware.. sometimes it takes couple of hours....

youtube how to reset your device n then try again....

Imman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I cnt update latest firmware to 1.4 or 1.5. I already perform reboot and reset all.. it say on bose updater your product it up to date version 1.3.1

bryandeez26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I used the btu.bose manual update site (which works very well by the way, so I dont understand everyone's fuss) but it says my headphones are up-to-date with firmware 1.3.1. According to this community, we are on version 1.5.1. Any reason I wouldn't be able to update any further? I just bought these today directly from Bose.

GeoffC47
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

@bryandeez26 Bose was having trouble a few months ago with an intermediate firmware version (1.4.?) that had equalizer capabilities. A number of users found their headphones bricked! Just a week ago Bose released firmware 1.3.1 and a new Bose Music app as a temporary resolution, restoring stability and limiting most of us to that version for the time being. Those whose headphones were bricked were enabled to upgrade to the 1.5.1 version, which does not yet have the equalizer restored. Hopefully in a short period of time Bose will release a new firmware version with the equalizer capabilities restored and with all the bugs squashed! Until then it sounds like you, like me and most others, are limited to 1.3.1. This was disappointing, and confusing, but at least it works!

KathrynC
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I have the same issue here. The manual updater keeps telling me the 1.3.1 is the up-to-date.

Tegan_M

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

At this time, it is not possible to update your firmware past 1.3.1 unless you already had 1.4.12 before we decided to halt the ability to download this firmware. If you need further information regarding this, please view this thread. 

This is because we have had reports of unexpected behaviour occurring with the 1.4.12 firmware, so to avoid further concerns with customers at this time if you have firmware version 1.3.1 this is the latest firmware available to you. Users who already have firmware 1.4.12 can currently update to 1.5.1, but this firmware is solely to address the red and white blinking LED issue reported resulting from version 1.4.12.

We're aware that users with 1.3.1 are eager to get the EQ which has been made available by the 1.4.12 update, but we appreciate your patience whilst we look into the firmware concerns before we allow this download to continue. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Udebacker
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update

Dear Tegan, I got the same issue, when i go to btu.bose, I got the message that my bose were up to date, but I am still in 1.3.1. could you help please? thank you !

Udebacker_0-1597696661188.png