cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Bose NC 700 Windows 10 No Stereo Profile available, only Hands-Free AG

I paired my NC 700 to Windows 10 and it works as a headset for calls using the Handsfree AG profile but that profile is not in stereo and sounds awful for streaming music.   My old QC35's would pair properly and show both Stereo and Handsfree AG.   I've tried suggestions on other posts to update the Windows Driver, but windows continues to say it is already using the best  driver.   

I also have the same problem with the QC Earbuds - it seems this new line of Bose products does not connect properly to Windows 10, but the old QC35 and SoundSport earbuds connect fine.   

My NC 700 firmware updated automatically when I connected them to the Bose Music App

If these can't connect to Windows 10 properly I'll return them and go back to my QC35's 

Bose product name

NC 700

Country

USA

12 REPLIES 12
cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Windows 10 No Stereo Profile available, only Hands-Free AG

This discrepancy is on the same Windows 10 computer

Profiles Available with NC 700 - Handsfree AG Only

cantSleep_0-1609515883532.png

Profiles Available with QC35 - Stereo and Handsfree AG

cantSleep_1-1609515954970.png

Jessie_O

Hey @cantSleep

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your headphones and will be more than happy to help. 

Have you tried clearing the pairing list? I would recommend doing this by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your Windows 10 device and reconnect. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Hi - I tried this but still the same result.  I only get Handsfree-AG (headset) profile.  No stereo profile.  

I will note that when my NC700 is paired but disconnected, this is what my Windows Bluetooth Control panel shows:  

cantSleep_0-1609776255886.png

I've tried updating the driver but Windows says it is already using the best driver.  

cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

After digging into this further it looks like the NC700 depends on several BT services but some of them are missing drivers in windows.  When attempting to update these drivers, Windows cannot find appropriate drivers and says to get them from the manufacturer (presumably Bose).  

cantSleep_1-1609780085164.png

cantSleep_0-1609780033273.png

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@cantSleep(I do not work for Bose).  See my steps for what to do next in at least two other posts today.

cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Thanks @joelirwin   Unfortunately this is a corporate managed device.  I have administrator access to add/remove devices and drivers but Windows Updates are enforced beyond my control.   

You mentioned in your other posts that Windows doesn't support the BT hardware but IMO this is still Bose's responsibility to rectify.   My Airpods and earlier generation Bose products (that use the Bose Connect App, like  the original QC35 and SoundSport earbuds), connect with both profiles just fine. 

@Jessie_O  - any updates from Bose?  Fortunately my QC Earbuds and NC700 are still in the return window, looks like both will be returned if no resolution.  

Sampo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

I do have a same problem. Stereo mode just is gone. I have try to reconnect this device but I don't what I must to do next. Music sound sounds so bad. It seems like it is only "call" mode. If I connect to my bose  700 to iphone, everyhting works fine. But my laptop windows 10 music sound is just bad. No stereo and quality is so bad.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@cantSleepI understand your predicament.  Back in the 90s in my IT days as I was part of a team that did 'corporate rollouts' (back then it was Windows 2000) for a very large oil company.  I get the need for control and standardization.  No I do not work for Bose but I have read many/most of the posts here in the last few years.  I can not recollect a single situation that Bose took ownership to do testing for any windows machine.

Here is the 'problem' in my personal opinion.  I believe Bose has no simple way to recreate your issue without having an exact copy of your hardware and installed software.  Without that they have no way to be sure they can recreate your standardized scenario and so anything they find (if at all), may or may not have an impact/fix on/for you.

Bose products and technical strategies are marketed and geared imho to working with smart devices.  Working with windows and mac is 'gravy' - it either works or not but they don't seem to want to spend any resources to diagnose and fix issues with operating system or drivers unless they think it has a major impact.  I am not obviously involved in the demographic data, but it would seem to me that macs and windows do not represent a large portion of the customers/population for their headphones.

So I will be suitably impressed if Bose admins/moderators take any ownership of working any mac/windows related issues since so far, unless it has been done quietly off the community, I have not seen any indication that they have so far.

BTW - it is actually 'worse'.  Thing is, talking to Microsoft will pretty much go nowhere since they will say other BT products work fine.  And going to get support from HP/Dell/etc. will at best suggest that the only troubleshooting step is to reinstall windows/mac from scratch and then test for compatibility.

So where that will likely leave you (assuming you want to continue use your Bose product) is to have the troubleshooting all done in house by the technical support IT people.  That may or may not be a viable option for you.

cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

@joelirwin  Thanks.   I also work in Tech and did Windows support back in my college days so I know enough not to even bother investing the time troubleshooting time with Dell or my company tech support and will prob just go with Sony instead.