Bose NC 700 - a bit of a let down
So i've been using 700s for about a week now and i have some thoughts on them. Overall im quite enjoying them although they are far from perfect, excluding things that could be fix with a software update there are some hardware problems too. The worst thing is a direction in which the ear pads rotate and im not talking about walking with walking with the drivers pointing upwards. Because of outward rotation, while im lying down they are constantly falling off. Pair that with slippery headband and unless you are in the perfect, sitting position you might notice some movement on your head. The other annoying part is software and boy oh boy is it annoying. Frankly there are simply too many of them to write something enjoyable about them so im just going to list them out:
- app connectivity is still crooked (you need to kill app almost every time you wish to use it)
- If they are connected to my s10 and mac simultaneously, there is a cracking sound while listening something on mac. It's truly infuriating.
- there is no way to sign a button to turn NC completely off (don't need it while sitting in a silent room)
- there is no EQ, the vocal are very sharp and clear but after some listening they are a bit tiring
- if you turn the voice prompt option off, you won't hear which devices you are connected to. Which is how it's supposed to be. However you won't hear which NC level are you on while pressing the button either so it's kind of a guessing game.
- Last but certainly not least, overall app functionality is extremely limited
All of these problems made me feel as though i bought an incomplete product, even though the audio quality and NC are super, it still feels like they were designed and made by people who never used headphones. I'm hoping for a few improvements with a future update.
Hoping for the best