Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Bose NC 700 as Office headset

Hi, 

I am looking for a new headset for work. I work in a open office with a lot of noice. I use hearing aids, so I need a headset that will cover my ears completely with great noice cancelling features that also have a good microphone, so those I speak with can hear me and not my colleagues. I have tried wearing the NC 700 in a store and they fit the first need.

However I also need a headset that will allow me to seamlessly switch between answering calls on my phone and Skype/Teams calls on my pc with windows 10.

Will the Bose NC 700 allow me to be connected to both my phone and pc at the same time and seamlessly answer/make calls on both devices?

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 as Office headset

Author Accepted Answer selected by sdjensen

Standard 700 will support the dongle. Without the dongle, there are some issues while using these on windows VOIP calls like unable to mute with the headset, phone calls taking priority even if you are already on a call on PC etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

I would appreciate any feedback on using this headset with phone and Skype/Teams on pc

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hi,

I would recommend to wait for the Bose 700 UC version which is supposed to release this month. Or you can buy NC 700 for now and then buy Bluetooth dongle later. 
https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/conferencing/headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones-700-conferen...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

I am not sure the standard 700 will support the dongle, but does this mean that the standard can't seemlessly switch between phone and Skype/Teams calls?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

For sure Seenheiser BTD 800 works great and improves Skype for Bussines experienced a lot. 

I just boight it 2 day ago and there's no regret 🙂 Previous experience with N700 and Windows VOIP apps was at least poor.. There is a dedcated thread here about dongle that works well with this headset

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sdjensen

Standard 700 will support the dongle. Without the dongle, there are some issues while using these on windows VOIP calls like unable to mute with the headset, phone calls taking priority even if you are already on a call on PC etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I am not able to use my headset with Dialpad. Very disappointed bose doesn’t have a solution.